Missing o-ring??

Hi guys

whilst removing radiator for replacement, ( Disco 200tdi in def 90 ), i think i may have lost an o-ring from the end of one of the oil connection pipes.

Can anyone confirm there should be one on each pipe end and if so any ideas of the part number?

Thanks

Kev

post-27763-0-14161200-1299362648_thumb.jpg

Disco 200tdi oil pipes in microcat don't show or detail any seals, most likely come pre-fitted to new pipes, but the v8 list these at engine end of pipe

ESR1594L & ESR3098 also ESR1594 is used on 300tdi oil cooler pipe fittings, nothing in my paper parts book for Defender 200tdi pipe seals either.

Disco 200tdi oil pipes in microcat don't show or detail any seals, most likely come pre-fitted to new pipes, but the v8 list these at engine end of pipe

ESR1594L & ESR3098 also ESR1594 is used on 300tdi oil cooler pipe fittings, nothing in my paper parts book for Defender 200tdi pipe seals either.

Cheers Ralph

At least i know i didnt miss anything easy trying to find it before posting!!

I'd guess a quick run down on monday to local intertruck fitters that supplied radiator will be next stop.

Rgds

Kev

Sometimes the o ring can get left behind in the oil cooler when the pipe is removed, worth checking just in case.

Hi Chris

First place i looked before the floor and then the engine bay :unsure: but no joy..

I'll be down a pipe fitters place tomorrow and pick up a few to keep as spares!!

Cheers

Kev

a suitable size oil resistant seal will do the job.

Hi Ralph

Been down to LR and no joy,

then autofactors type outlet...no joy. ( unless i want to order a box kit!! )

then intertruck who sell rads and make up pipes which look exceedingly like the oil ones in the engine but again nothing as small !!!!

I'll be looking online tonight but anyone got any ideas on a source for these o-rings?

cheers

Kev

http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/Orings-1050-c

Perhaps?

Or maybe these people:

http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=19_4501

Does require you to know the size you want though, if the other side is the same you could measure that.

Thanks for those links

I'm nipping into Pirtek tomorrow for some hoses so i'll check with them first and follow up on the links after if needed.

Cheers

Kev

if no luck with those suggestions, these might do the job halfords metric 'O' ring seal pack

Hi Ralph

Halfords was one of my first checks whilst looking for some primer but they couldn't say if the o-rings were oil resistant! :blink:

If i find a good source i will post it as i can't believe i'm the only muppet to loose one of these :D

rgds

Kev