Is there another missing bolt??

Hi guys

Yet another discovery whilst the rad is out and painting being done.

I noticed a bolt apparently missing from the nearside of the front (see photo 2), Photo 1 shows the bolt in place on the offside point.

Is this actually missing or is it like an optional bolt point for a towing bracket? I have tried looking at several parts manuals (inc russian!! ) but this would be best guess

Any info appreciated.

Rgds

Kev

post-27763-0-44249500-1299363982_thumb.jpg

post-27763-0-62619000-1299364005_thumb.jpg

should be a matching bolt as it attaches the lower part of the wing panel to the chassis, definitly 2 on my 110. can't find a number for that bolt though in microcat or paper parts book.

Cor Blimey Ralph.......we're struggling tonight mate!!!

I will have to do some forum jumping on this one, i did see a bolt shown on the russian parts site but other than showing one there not a lot of use unless you par'lez ruski :rolleyes:

rgds

Kev

should be a matching bolt as it attaches the lower part of the wing panel to the chassis, definitly 2 on my 110. can't find a number for that bolt though in microcat or paper parts book.

Hey Ralph

Would i be right in thinking it may be the bolt ( item 10 ) shown in this layout??

rgds

Kev

post-27763-0-47469100-1299366430_thumb.jpg

that bolt is not mounted high enough on the chassis, but it might be the right length/item, it attaches the inner bottom part of the front wing [not the galvanised wheel arch]

bugger, thought i might be on a winner there!!

oh well, back to the hunt :rolleyes:

cheers Ralph

Kev

Yes, it is. See mine below:

Off-side (with reinforcing arm visible and bolts fitted):

post-10578-0-71601900-1299367606_thumb.jpg

Near-side (no arm visible, bottom bolt only for steering guard mounting):

post-10578-0-79662900-1299367600_thumb.jpg

Hi Retro

To be honest i only noticed after tidying up and putting stuff away so never got under wheel arch today but will definately go under again tomorrow. Does your frame still have the tubular fitted on both sides between the inner wings even if only one in use? ie is this so the chassis can be used for RHD an LHD ??

Mine is RHD and i'll post update tommorow, would be nice to find something has'nt been left out or dropped off for a change!!!

Cheers

Kev

Yep, the tubes are fitted to both sides on my 90 as in the photos above. I just popped out to take them so they're current! :P

The mounting holes for the steering box itself are on the LHS as well you will notice :)

The reason is as you say, so that the chassis is usable for LHD or RHD vehicles.