Air Spring to Coils with Lift

Hi All,

Just brought a 1992 (K) Range Rover Classic - was air sprung but now converted to coils with a 2" Terrafirmer lift kit (coils). Does anyone know if the brake hoses have to be extended or are the standard ones long enough given that it used to have air spring on it?

Also would I need to fit extended bump stops as well?

thanks in advance

Darren

Yes you'll need extra long hoses. The EAS still has standard shocks and to use the best travel on the lift you need longer shocks.

Bump stops you only need to worry if you fit bigger tyres and find that they rub, the sprinsg won't bottom out until you have run them in anyway.

Persoanlly I would have left the EAS alone as it's one of the best features of a later RRC. I fitted mine with Arnott GIII sprinsg that give me 1 1/2 inches extra at the fornt and 2 1/2 or more at the back. I have a RRC that handles on the motorway, rides smooth and stands up on stilts for fording.

Old Hand,

Thanx for that. Conversion was done by previous owner so I can't revert back easily. I'm running 235 x 85 tyres so it sounds like I will need to add the bump stops as well!

Any issues bleeding the ABS as I'm sure that changing the hoses won't be as straightforward as everyone thinks it will be!

cheers

Darren

Yes you'll need extra long hoses. The EAS still has standard shocks and to use the best travel on the lift you need longer shocks.

Bump stops you only need to worry if you fit bigger tyres and find that they rub, the sprinsg won't bottom out until you have run them in anyway.

Persoanlly I would have left the EAS alone as it's one of the best features of a later RRC. I fitted mine with Arnott GIII sprinsg that give me 1 1/2 inches extra at the fornt and 2 1/2 or more at the back. I have a RRC that handles on the motorway, rides smooth and stands up on stilts for fording.

Pressure bleeder probably a good idea and you definielty need a mate with you. If nothing else to keep you sane. I found I had to just walk away and leave it as the air doesn't all want to come out first time either.

If you have them then stick and axle stand under each corner and take the wheels off, without access to a ramp it's a PITA otherwise as I found I kept going back to each wheel over and again.