power

5432erick

hi all i posted awhile back about loss of power every mile i had electronics checked no fault i then had filter cleaned and new breather pipe told to drill hole in petrol cap even ran without cap but problem still there do u think i should have new pump as its mind boggling and the garage doesnt seem to know its been in three times costa mega buks need all help i can get thanks

Can you remind us what the vehicle is - petrol, diesel?

I had a dicky pump on my 1.8 but it was the pins in the fuel pump connector, I used a pair of needle nose pliers to put a slight twist in them and they made better contact and it was all sorted. I've got a spare pump in my shed I need to shift actually ;)

My freelander 1.8 has experienced similar issues - I have difficult staring sometimes and lack of power - if it's a '99 or before problem it could be the filter in the rear fuel pump needs replacing - there is a land rover bulletin for it. See the think in this thread: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=49047&st=0&p=445354&hl=+freelander%20+fuel%20+filter&fromsearch=1entry445354