Anyone know where FAF 245D is?

sas pinkie

Hello peeps.

Thought i would ask here, just in case. My first Land Rover was a series 2A 1966 green SWB with the Reg FAF 245D. I bought it from a field behind a garage, spent all summer putting it back into a usable state and then ran it for a year. I then moved jobs and needed a more cost effective vehicle so bought an ex mil 90.

I was forced by my parents to sell it at the time, as they didnt want two land rovers on the drive, so I did, and still regret it to this day. Well I would love to find out who has it. I have done the tax thing and it is still on the road.

I lived at the time in East Grinstead, West Sussex, and sold it locally through a local small add for £800.00 in about 2003. I guess it is still going to be in the south east area.

Anyone on here own it, or know where it is? any news greatly received.

• 5 months later...

You can go to the DVLA and get a form to request the address a vehicle is currently registered at. You have to declare that you aren't doing it for any illegitemate reason i.e. to nick it etc..

I know this to be the case as at 2008 at least!

I believe the form you need is V888, but I dont think you can get an address any more, I think only a name. I'm just about to do it for my 3....when I get round to it!

Edit....yes it is V888...its to be found at

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_065303.pdf

and looking at it, you might be able to get the address actually....or ask for it at least.

I've an 88 and two 109's.

My 88 is entering a slow retirement phase, and is to become our 'restoration' vehicle, while the two 109's become the workhorses. I'm trying to compile her history to put with her when she goes on show with the Severn Valley Leafers.

The other 2 i'll admit is just being nosey!

Mmmmm I see...try this link then and enter the reg and its a Landrover.

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application?origin=vehicleEnquiryInfo_en.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.portlet.event&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry&portletid=VehicleEnquiry&portletns=VehicleEnquiry_en&wfevent=link.next'>http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application?origin=vehicleEnquiryInfo_en.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.portlet.event&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry&portletid=VehicleEnquiry&portletns=VehicleEnquiry_en&wfevent=link.next

Or try, http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/ and click on Vehicle Enquiry.

Nick.

Lack of insurance could be that the insurance company haven't bothered to put it on the system or have made a mistake in doing so. I had trouble taxing one vehicle on its return to the road even though it was covered by my traders policy and I had notified the insurer at least a week before when it went for the MOT.

So insurers are still at it - quick enough to take your money but reluctant to do the rest and blaming everyone else.

I just carry the certificate with me now. perhaps that's why this year's certificate came nicely laminated!

I just carry the certificate with me now. perhaps that's why this year's certificate came nicely laminated!

the certificate means nothing! :( people take out insurance and receive the certificate then canceling it so when they get stopped by the bill they have an excuse! and they twigged on to that very quickly! :ph34r: i think you REALLY have to hassle your insurers. its just not worth it nowadays with such a heavy punishment, i think its 6 points and £300 fine+car impounded! :unsure: