Michelin XPC

Roverbo

Hi,

My RRC now runs Michelin Synchrones, OK for my daily on-road driving, but theres not too much pattern left, the rear tires are the best (5-6 mm). I have also 2 used XPC´s in the right size 235/70R16 with 90% pattern, but I cant find 2 more (Im told they are out of production). Can I use Synchrones (the best of them) in front, and XPC´s rear? Or: Anyone knows a dealer who has XPC´s left? (and able to ship to Denmark), or should I just bite the bullet :huh: and buy, say, 4 new BFG ATs ?

Thanks

Bo

I think they are out of production but the Synchrones replaced them so should be OK as an axle set.

I'd buy the BFGs though :)

Yes, part of me wants to buy 4 new BFG´s (de facto THE tire here in Denmark), but the "glue-in-the-pocket" part of me hates to drive 2 fine michelins to the recycling container. I know that they are at least 8-10 years old, and we plan to take a trip to Italy this summer (4-5000 km drive in all), so problably end up with new BFGs...I just find them a little too flashy with their white outline letters...not so "original" RR style...

Thanks for your input...

.I just find them a little too flashy with their white outline letters...not so "original" RR style...

You could always get your friendly tyre fitter to fit them "backwards" so the white face is into the wheel arch. Much more discrete.

You could always get your friendly tyre fitter to fit them "backwards" so the white face is into the wheel arch. Much more discrete.

OK :) - obvious, but I just haven´t thought of that...is the pattern symmetrical ?