Things to aviod when welding - Part 1

Yes I have been quiet - business is very slow, so having a make do and mend type of year, have not been working on landrover (tons to do ...) as weather has been really nasty and the bloody thing don't fit in the garage. Mind you looking at the bulkhead corners, I suspect thre is a lot of welding to do in the spring...

Not forgetting, TIG electrodes are mildly radioactive, you really don't want a piece of electrode sitting in your chest. it's a very low level alpha emitter which will do very little externally but can cause problems internally.

Not forgetting, TIG electrodes are mildly radioactive, you really don't want a piece of electrode sitting in your chest. it's a very low level alpha emitter which will do very little externally but can cause problems internally.

cripes :wacko: Nige could end up 'glow in the dark'

how scarey would that be :o

Haven't been to the Drs

Have kept an eye on it - as has SWMBO

Had a nice big scab on it tonight, so using me new scalpel and tweezers, poked and picked scab

peeled off and peered inside, looks fine no puss, and will let new scab form, the redness is prob part of the burn

I don't (as you can tell) rush to A&E / DRs every graze and nick I give myself (Jez - It be best then if I just moved

into the surgery :lol:) and theres prob still some of the 3000 MG of antibiotics I had thumb wise still sloshing about inside

DIY Mini Surgery Kit was well worth the investment :)

Nige

Haven't been to the Drs

Have kept an eye on it - as has SWMBO

Had a nice big scab on it tonight, so using me new scalpel and tweezers, poked and picked scab

peeled off and peered inside, looks fine no puss, and will let new scab form, the redness is prob part of the burn

I don't (as you can tell) rush to A&E / DRs every graze and nick I give myself (Jez - It be best then if I just moved

into the surgery :lol:) and theres prob still some of the 3000 MG of antibiotics I had thumb wise still sloshing about inside

DIY Mini Surgery Kit was well worth the investment :)

Nige

When a boar at work decided to stick one its tusks in my leg the doctors didn't want to stitch it up or let it scab over and heal incase there was any infection inside, even though a nurse spent 1/2 an hour rinsing it out. They wanted it to heal from the inside out, so they packed it full of a dressing made from seaweed (just looked like a normal dressing to me) which had to be changed twice a week. took weeks for the hole to gradually get smaller and smaller.

Also....

When you are looking after a wound such as the above, do NOT get up slightly hung-over

grab the germoline and a plaster - squeeze out a pea sized bit onto the plaster, then apply

carefully but firmly to the open wound (picked scab off) and then discover that not paying attention means you

discover - quite quickly - that you have used the deep heat tube, and not the germoline

*^*~ Me :blink: SWMBO said I looked like a Morris Dancer who had caught fire

I can still hear SWMBO laughing in the background :angry:

There you go, another top tip brought to you by your own idiot admin :(

Nige

I'll just add my 2 penneth worth as a paramedic and say not to pick off the scab as it does a pretty good job of keeping the outside outside. If it starts becoming more painful or the inflamed area increases and gets pussy you'll need a course of antibiotics from the GP. Big problem with burns is infection afterwards so keep an eye on it and stop sticking things in it.

You have been warned ;-)

Adrian