Series 3 LWB speedo

simonb

I think this was posted on the "other place" before we all moved here, but how do you tell a s3 lwb speedo from a swb one? IIRC there is a number on the front face which gives turns per mile or something, anyone know what the lwb speedo should be? My swb said (i think) 1536 but since i'm changing from 205 to 7.50 tyres I need a lwb speedo.

Anyone got a working lwb speedo by the way for sale? :)

Failing that I can get my one recalibrated - i have the details for that!

There's actually a bit of a selection of speedos.

From the parts catalogue:-

PRC1773 MPH With Trip...........................................................88"

PRC2767 MPH Green Illumination with Trip................................88"

PRC1775 MPH ........................................................................109" and 88" with 750/16 Tyres

PRC2769 Green illumination with trip.......................................109" and 88" with 750/16 Tyres

There are also 4 types that are KPH only and also the 109" 1-ton with 900/16 tyres.

Must admit I didn't know there were that many. I have about 3 speedos, and one of those is SWB, so I now need to know the difference as well now please someone.

Les. :)

SWB goes up to 70 mph = 1536. (6.00 tyres)

LWB goes to 90 mph = 1376. (7.50 tyres)

The RR speedo = 1152. (3.53 diffs)

The numbers are Revolutions per mile.

1408 for 7.50 tyres or LWB

1376 is either for STG1 V8 or 1 Ton, dont know which yet. Most likely 1 Ton. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...