Sharky's Headgear

landi41

Before leaving Dubai to fly to Billing I picked up 4 or 5 to pass out to the lads for laughs.....trouble was that I arrived in the UK the same day as the first London bombings in July and impersonating an Arab in the UK could have been a bit of a daft thing to do! who wants to look like a mozzie at time like that?:ph34r::ph34r:

I wear one alot of the time in the desert but take it off before going back to the city. They make better table cloths if you ask me!

Regards.

Streaky

Bit of a political statement in these parts. Alot my mates wear a white head cloth as opposed to the red/white or black/white checkered kafiia. Personally I opt for the Aussie style wide brim hats as I find they give excellent protection and last well.

Adam

Ignoring the politics, a guhtra is a very practical item of clothing for a desert climate. Provides shelter from the sun in the day, warmth round the neck at night, dust protection when required, wipes the windscreen and small enough to stuff in a pocket.

Try all that with any hat?

Plus I forgot, a soft nose wiper and cheap enough to be used as emergency toilet roll.

jw