General Grabbers value?

smokinv8

Have been offered some General Grabbers in 235/85/16 taken off (when brand new)an 04 Defender 90. Would these have been the AT2 back then?

Also what are they worth?, as Im not desperate for them but they are shiny new rubber :D

Oh and its the full set of 5.

No they will be Grabber TR, nothing like the AT2 really;

post-33-0-88697500-1299923027_thumb.jpg

I have heard some good things said about them but have not tried them - too much of a road tyre to be any use to me. If they are cheap they might be worth a look.

I wouldn't pay more than £150 but do see them go for a lot more picked my last set up for £100 off ebay, the issue with tyres that have sat around is the rubber goes hard and they can be tricky fitting them and getting them balanced, I had to fit some use them for a couple of hundred miles and then get them balanced again.

Hi V8

I just bought some brand new General Grabbers AT2 33x12.5x16 fitted to new modular black rims with a 40mm offset(negates the use of a spacer)all balanced and ready to go from Paddocks £540, including a set of locking wheel nuts, which I thought was a good price?

Paul

They are about £115 per corner new inc VAT.

They were standard OEM fitment to new defenders (although I think that changed recently) so there are plenty around.

For £200 quid I've seen some part worn on alloys so I wouldn't part with more than about £150 either.

Just reread this - if they have been sat around since 04 I would be reluctant to buy them for any money - just my thoughts - might be totally wrong <_<

Well I figured that as long as they have been stored inside and out of the UV then they ought to be ok, but I must admit that you lot are making me have doubts about this purchase now :huh: besides I guess that we never know the exact date of manufacture on any tyre we buy.

I thought I remembered seeing somewhere a few (3-4?) years ago that the EU lot were eventually going to outlaw using tyres more than a certain age (5 years is in my mind?) for much the above reasons. I think all new tyres are now date marked but not sure if the regulation ever came into effect?

Personally I think it's a bit unnecessary to have a blanket rule - I have a set of BFGs that are now 10 years old and no problems (except the tread getting a bit thin...) as they have always been stored inside when not in use.