3 amigos and their mate

Beast5680

Hi all, I have had 4 warning lights come on the dash of my "04" discovery, the 3 amigoes and a brake warning light. Checking round the wheels i find the near side rear hub bearings are gone and leaking oil and have lots of play so duly replace said hub and fit new sensor, trouble is the lights are still on and wont go off, do i need to get it hooked up now to get the lights turned off or is there another fault going on?

thanks in advance for any replies

having searched this topic all over the place i cant find a definitive reply about having to get it turned off but all advice seems to be get it hooked up to a computer somewhere, also the other question if all these lights are on can it still be driven without causing any damage to anything until i can get to somewhere that can read it?

However if the fault affects the ABS operation and triggers ABS when you don't want/need it there is a possibility of it causing an effin great big accident so it is best to get it checked out :)

If the faults clear the lights normally go out and just log a fault code, so there may still be an actual fault with the system. Plug it into a computer to read the codes, anything else is just guessing.

• 2 weeks later...

And if the ABS light is on and you don't have a way of locking the centre diff (on some Discos it can be done with a 10mm spanner), then you are down to one-wheel-drive which won't get you very far when in the bundu.