90 to V8 EFI coversion PLEASE HELP

I have this topic in the Range Rover forum too, but copied it too here in hope some one can help!

Dear All.

I am new to the world of forums, but am at my wits end with my 1984 Land Rover 90 engine conversion. please please (on my knees begging) help me!

I purchased a 1986 RR classic 3.5 EFI air flapper. When I purchased the RR the engine would not start, I soon rectified the fault by purchasing and installing a new fuel pressure pump. the engine started but ran lumpy! Changed the leads and plugs and she ran like a new motor! Then proceeded to remove engine and wiring loom and install in my 90. Have everything installed and plumbed up, BUT THE F***ING THING WONT START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have checked and re checked all that I can think of and still not getting anywhere. Fuel pressure is good, sparking to all plugs, a good 12v to the injectors perfect continuity on that notorious white/black wire from coil +ve to pin 1 on the 4CU ECU all relays click and seem to be ok...........etc! All I get when I turn it over is a few coughs and splutters on a few revolutions, then a large smell of fuel, (over fueling possibly??)and then nothing! Removing cold start injector plug makes no difference.

So I beg of you... to all you genious EFI air flapper gods out there please help, otherwise I think this may be the death of me!!!!!(not being too dramatic!)

Cheers, a very desperate Dan in Dorset!

p.s if all else fails anyone want to buy a project!!!