help for a fool

Hi Chaps, i've bought what i thought was a soft top header rail for my defender. It has a 1985 defender 90 windscreen fitted.

This turned up and i don't know what it is or how it fits and where does the canvas fit in???

post-7726-0-41125800-1300098239_thumb.jpg

Its a landrover genuine part and has a sticker on it with MTC 6626.

I was very excited about finally getting somewhere with my soft top project but things have ground to a halt again.

Hi Ash. Thanks for the link. I've looked and this isn't any of the three described on there. It seems to be completely different. I thought I was buying the first one for the early defender. Trouble with eBay I suppose, cost me 50 quid with postage and I thought I was getting a bargain.

I have a 1984? (B-reg) soft top. The rail looks correct to me :D

Basically it sits on the top of the windscreen frame, and has a series of latches that are sprung loaded to cinch it down tight. You put the canvas on top, it then folds over and tucks in under the bit in your pics. When you lock it down it is compressed tight against the top of the screen.

I will take a pic of mine when I can get a minute and get out to the car park...