Jump to content

Defender being exported to Hungary.....


Recommended Posts

Hi All

I've recently just sold my 90 to a chap from Hungary for a decent price.

My question is...what do I need to do? He's organised collection and shipping, but what do I do with the V5?

I spoke to the DVLA and they said all I need to do is fill out section 11 (Notifiction of Permanent Export) and send a covering letter to them and just leave the V5 with the new owner or in the car for him.

This just seems a little odd as his address or signature won't be on the V5, is it down to him to fill out the V5 and send it back to the DVLA with his Hungarian address when he receives the car?

Any help is appreciated!


Link to comment
Share on other sites


the answer of the DVLA is correct, just send off the permanent export part of the V5 and give the buyer the rest of the V5.

The DVLA cannot register a vehicle to someone not resident in the country (as I discovered when i exported my 110).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy