Megajolt MAP

Stefan_Nymoen

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

I have a 89 110 V8. Originally sold to Saudi Arabia, then imported to Norway.

It has been modified a bit since then.

It has now installed a 4.2 motor and Auto from a RR LSE.

And has a megajolt installed.

Does anybody has a good MAP for a 4.2 V8.

Or what can I do to a 3,9 V8 MAP file, to get it "right" for a 4,2.

This engine has been running LPG, but I run only petrol.

I currently use the LPG map.

Also I'm now running a 4 barrel carb, but thinking of installing MS, but wan't the ignition better first.

Does anybody has any pointers??

Thanks,

Stefan

A 3.9 can run more advance than a 4.2, in fact the bigger the engine the less WOT Spark is needed.

One option is to hang on and see what comes on to this thread from the Megajolt users, here :)

the other is to take a screen dump of the spark map you have and post it up in here

#and I will have a lookie at it for you, and give you some more apprpraite numbers.

Nige

Ok thanks.

I will take a screen dump from the one I'm running now later tonight when I get home from work.

What kind of damage are we talking about then?

I have no problems with the engine now, and don't drive the car that much. So hopefully I haven't damaged anything.. :)

Ok thanks.

I will take a screen dump from the one I'm running now later tonight when I get home from work.

What kind of damage are we talking about then?

I have no problems with the engine now, and don't drive the car that much. So hopefully I haven't damaged anything.. :)

Depends on what t5he map is

If its a PETROL Spark map (prob) and you use it on LPG it will feel "Flat"

as LPG required more advance.

If the MAP is a LPG Higher spark MAP - and you run this on petrol, then you will have far too much

advance, which causes detonation issues and ultimately can burn holes in the tops

of your pistons etc etc

Most likley you'l have a Petrol map, and from some of the maps that have come past my eyes over the years often

designed by Stevie Wonder and Forest Gump Tuning Services having shared a bottle of something :)

Post up

Nige

Hiya

Ooops !

Yes original map is too advanced, but so is yours now, esp at the lower ends, and soft

at the higher RPMs !

I have enclosed a copy of a 4.2 spark map I use as a "Starting Point" on any 4.2, these engines being long strokem

have a maximum advance requirement at WOT of 31 @ 3900-4000 RPM and above.

Note that the MJ and MS tables are back to front, takes a moment or more for your mind to sort it out

post-22-0-26746800-1300297736_thumb.jpg

Once properly set up then my table can be improved upon, but many customers just take it as it

is and are happy with it

The "Drop" on yours at V High rpm is prob a bodgey attempt at a rev limiter, - do not do this, partly as itv is

not regarded by many who know more than me as a good way to do it, and not nice for the engine, but

also that the cell values interpolate - so you don't get a true 30 anyway ! 35 in the prior cells is as

I mention above about 4 too much anywaty !

Hope this helps

Nige