Number Driver Co-Driver Vehicle Class

1 John Sales Dan Thomas Rakeway Bulldog 2

2 John Barrie Gee Wayne Gotheridge Geeforce Tomcat 1

3 Jonathan Smith Alan Webb Land Rover 90 3

5 Andrew Woodhouse Mark Whetton Team Gunit Trayback 2

6 Paul Church Cliff Garrod Range Rover Proto 1

10 Gordon Conway James Coghlan Landrover Hybrid 2

13 Chris Stroud Tony Pack Whitbread Special 2

might turn a blind eye for this event only as i no its to far for msa to turn up

nice to hear a bit of common sense there mark well done, but in all honesty the truck is in bits still, the plate test on the lorry runs out tomorrow, so it was never going to be on for me. id like to think i would be able to take part in the latter part of the year, but mud flaps rear window/mesh fire proof helmets etc etc put a stop to that. There are plenty of other events to do this year, and even though walters must have been a great expirence for everyone involved (great idea neil well done) if the awdc will book that site for the xl series with only a few cars, they surely cant turn down the challenger series for holding an event there next year with good numbers. fingers crossed.

Info please Mark.

Rear windows? Is that ref a rear rad ie no change?

Mesh? Is that ref no front screen ie class1 no change?

Mud flaps? The same as before just some didn't ?

We now need spill kits ? Can't see them on Awdc shop but then I can't find owt!

Anything else I should know for later in season?

Thanks

The Challenge Technical regulations are HERE

Updated regs for 2011 are highlighted in Red.

These Tech Regs apply to all AWDC Challenge events ie: XL and Challenger alike with the exception of the enhanced ROPS regs for XL.

Mudflaps are not a requirement - mudguards are.

Info please Mark.

Rear windows? Is that ref a rear rad ie no change?

Mesh? Is that ref no front screen ie class1 no change?

Mud flaps? The same as before just some didn't ?

We now need spill kits ? Can't see them on Awdc shop but then I can't find owt!

Anything else I should know for later in season?

Thanks

hi mate you dont need spill kits, rear window or bulk head if rad or fuel tank in the back or if you have non of that in the back you have to have mesh like if you have no wind screen , some stuiped rule msa bought in

nice to hear a bit of common sense there mark well done, but in all honesty the truck is in bits still, the plate test on the lorry runs out tomorrow, so it was never going to be on for me. id like to think i would be able to take part in the latter part of the year, but mud flaps rear window/mesh fire proof helmets etc etc put a stop to that. There are plenty of other events to do this year, and even though walters must have been a great expirence for everyone involved (great idea neil well done) if the awdc will book that site for the xl series with only a few cars, they surely cant turn down the challenger series for holding an event there next year with good numbers. fingers crossed.

sorry i cant do any thing about the helmets thats msa same as the mud flaps and rear mesh trouble is they dont come to events but i have been warned that there will be a spot check this year so please dont let me get a massive telling of as it all come back on me as i am the only msa offical there , i do love you all xxxxxx

hi mate you dont need spill kits, rear window or bulk head if rad or fuel tank in the back or if you have non of that in the back you have to have mesh like if you have no wind screen , some stuiped rule msa bought in

Thanks mark. No real change as far as I'm concerned. I shall try for later, perhaps in Wales as old man Lewis is bound to come out to play.

John Fair

Was a good day, thanks Neil :)

Beautiful weather !

Thanks to all involved.

We're missing the next one due to work, but will see you all again at wern ddu on 12th june.

G

one little picture, that wasted us a fair bit of time sorting ! doh !:

207758_10150162757988550_666623549_6664781_766382_n.jpg

cracking day, thank you neil and the rest of the team who actually still put all the effort in to run this event only for 7 cars to enter !

was an early finish for me and saley due to a broken cv joint but i believe this will be rectified soon.

i was only a few minutes away from leaving the site until me and saley discovered that barry had managed to nip waynes ankle which ended waynes day, so i got asked to replace him.

all i can say is, what an experiance !

was gutted to put him in his roof as i shouldnt of let him lower down the hill as i dont trust ground anchors.

true to form it pulled out which resulted in a nasty roll, the car and barry was fine so we recovered the truck and carried on.

see you at the next round where my motor should then be built

dan

Excellent day - even if it took us an hour and a half to sort the starting problem, still not 100% certain of the problem :unsure:

The new layout with the gates clearly colour coded for LHS and RHS works very well. Some real technical driving required, and (for us) no simple pulls through deep bogs.

The first two events this year have been better than ever, lets hope they are all like this and we can convince a few more cars to enter.

great days sport after i got the f##king truck going :angry:

was good to go home dusty and not soaking wet.

set up was great as were the gates etc, neil and the gang have done what you all wanted and are doing a great job

come out and support this great event :)