Re-spray

Mo,

Seem to remember I used 4 litres of cellulose when I did the 90 hard top many years ago....

As above -

One light coat

Two normal coats

Top coat with a higher thinner content

I had never sprayed before and thats what I was told to do................ :unsure:

What colour you going for ? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

i got a quote the other day for painting my 90. the guy said i was looking around 800 thats if i stripped the car down myself then rebuit it after painting (not really an option where i stay) or option 2 was 1200 and i could drive it in then come back and it would all be done for me. or option 3 if i wanted a show level paint job id be looking at 4000 quid. being the car is 26 years old option 3 is right outa the window.

oh yeah and that wasnt even for metalic paint add another 200-300 quid on top. he was my first quote ive a feeling this is going to upset the missus maybe she wont notice :D

The extra they charge for stripping down, does this include window removal or would that be the 4k option for show room finish?

How much can panels be repaired before it's better to just replace them, some of the dents on mine are fairly big, worst maybe knocked in an inch.

Luckily with this type of vehicle the odd dent doesn't matter, so I keep pushing off the idea of having it sprayed, but plan to do a more thorough job when I get to it.