Td5 face lift headlights

Dannytd5

I've had the disco for about 4 years a 2000 td5 auto the headlights have annoyed me for about 3years 364 days they are not bright enough so in went bigger bulbs these were ok but not to my liking still like candles

At this stage I thought wonder if facelift headlights are better so off I started looking at prices then I got put off ( too expensive ) and looked at a abar and spot lights I bought them wired them up and all were happy except you can't use spot lamps when on a unlit motoway

So I looked at hid kits had a go with them but they don't like water more money waisted back to standard bulbs and candles and this has gone on for the last 3 years +

Oh and melted lots off head light connectors

Up until about a month ago I gave up and decided to live with the candles

But I were surfing good old eBay and saw a face lift headlight at 50quid buy now so I bought it and then the search started I had one I now need another and 2 weeks ago I got another at 78 quid bargain

So this weekend I spent fitting them so off I started drilled out spot welds a bit of hacksaw hear and there even mr angle grinder got in on the job

Now the end result is good it looks just like a 04 with a hd bumper on but open the bonnet and it looks like the lights are held in with mecano is this how everybody does it ??

And im wondering how to wire up the levelling headlamps ???

Oh and they are that good all the spot lamps are now in the garage lol

This is true I've heard about them filling with condensation

It were a easy job just felt like it took forever to cut all the old headlamp housing out

Thanks for the diagrams I'll get it sorted this weekend

I engraved the reg on the headlamps and I bought headlight gaurds and I use security screws just to make them that little bit harder to nick

You will never stop someone nicking something but you can make it hard work

You have lost one advantage you had.... The early Disco II headlights are exactly the same as the later Disco I headlights - except for the black rim. The Disco I versions are much cheaper though - less than half the price IIRC. Also dead easy to change.