New Suspension

lawrence

Looking into changing the suspension on my Disco 1. At the moment it has a 2"lift, by using spring spacers. I want to get rid of the spacers. I was looking at liffing 2" Bearmach springs but these state that they are not for towing. I need to be able to tow every now and then. I would like to keepo the ride hight as it is at the moment. I could go for HD Bearmach springs. I am unsure which way to go. I do a little offroading, nothing too difficult so outright performance is not an issue. Any help will be post appreciated.

the bearmach HD rear springs will give you a slight, 1-1.5" lift on the back end - at least that's how minelooks.

Indeed, but I found them to be very soft and flexible. Probably good for off road traction, but not towing.

my car is normally empty, as its not used that oftern. Does any one know what the length of a bearmach spring is when it is on a vehicle, just want to measure mine to see how much they have sagged before I order some new ones. Want to make sure my tyres will still fit under the vehicle.

Whatever you do, don't use Britpart springs.

I fitted them less than a year ago and the rears have dropped already !

Changing to the Blue's this weekend.

Regards lift, I upgraded to Gas struts and Std height HD springs, that gave me a 30mm lift and was cheap to do.

Good luck

my car is normally empty, as its not used that oftern. Does any one know what the length of a bearmach spring is when it is on a vehicle, just want to measure mine to see how much they have sagged before I order some new ones. Want to make sure my tyres will still fit under the vehicle.

I can measure mine this evening if it helps... they're on a 1995 TDi Auto too, but with 1" spacers added.

Scott

If you could that would be very helpful. I went around and measured mine the other day. With it sat on normal 235/70 tyres from the ground to the bottom of the wheel arch i had 86cm on the back and on the passanger front and 83cm on the drivers front.