Steering bits for a Disco 1

Mark

Am after some information on steering bits...

1) How many TRE's of each thread do I need for a D1 (Track Rod & Draglink) - I don't have either the car or the book in front of me so can't go and count!

2) Looking for upgrade options for draglink and track rod. The ones that have been suggested are Danbars and Sumo Bars (seeminlgy equally popular) but several people have mentioned paddocks do some hd steering bits, but I can't find them on thier website - has anyone used them / got an idea on price / know which bit of thier website they are on?

3) is there anyone else that does strengthened Steering components or should I just weld some box section over my currently banana shaped track rod?

ta

Mark

Am after some information on steering bits...

1) How many TRE's of each thread do I need for a D1 (Track Rod & Draglink) - I don't have either the car or the book in front of me so can't go and count!

2) Looking for upgrade options for draglink and track rod. The ones that have been suggested are Danbars and Sumo Bars (seeminlgy equally popular) but several people have mentioned paddocks do some hd steering bits, but I can't find them on thier website - has anyone used them / got an idea on price / know which bit of thier website they are on?

3) is there anyone else that does strengthened Steering components or should I just weld some box section over my currently banana shaped track rod?

ta

Mark

Paddocks HD parts:

http://www.paddockspares.com/products.asp?...D+Steering+Rods

Better than welding on some box section I would have thought, though the ball joints supplied may well be 'cheap' ones.

Regards Diff

should I just weld some box section over my currently banana shaped track rod?

MOT fail point.

I did discover a garage in Horsham who will pass a hydraulic handbrake though so it is anyone's guess what will actually pass on the day - see Bish's experience re ABS lights.

Chris

MOT fail point.

I did discover a garage in Horsham who will pass a hydraulic handbrake though so it is anyone's guess what will actually pass on the day - see Bish's experience re ABS lights.

Chris

Oooh good point. Might I already know who passed the handbrake or would that be someone completely different???

Diff, ta for the pointer I had hunted for them and not found them!

Mark

anyone any experience of the paddocks parts? im looking at HD steering on my disco as well, id rather pay a touch more (dunno what paddocks prices are) for something people trust rather than an unknown.

i think both the TREs are the same thread on a discos trackrod, dunno about the two on the draglink.

If only the spindle bore wasn't 5/8" id!!! I know of a nice big colchester that I could do it on though - anyone got the appropriate taps? If fact what are the appropriate taps???

Mark