Laning, Salisbury Plain, 15 or 16 July

Plainravaganza!  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which day?

• Saturday 15th
    • Sunday 16th

Guest diesel_jim

I voted sunday, but saturday is good also.

not sure what time i can get there, got a few things to do at home, but if you post what CB channel/PMR channel you'll be on, i'll shout as i approach! :D

Guest diesel_jim
Right, my boss has just determined my vote by dragging me into work(!) on Saturday. Sunday 10am in Erlestoke then?

there's a nice little byway in the next village from Erlestoke.... Eddington. it goes right past someones house who always seems to park his car on the BW! it used to be really rutted, but i think the council have levelled it, but it takes you right up onto the southern range road on the plain.... lovely stuff!!! :D

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Cheers

Problems? I can offer you a few Wiltshire ROW probems if you can do more about it that the local ROW dept. seem willing to do. No good, council tax collecting....

Chris

there's a nice little byway in the next village from Erlestoke.... Eddington. it goes right past someones house who always seems to park his car on the BW! it used to be really rutted, but i think the council have levelled it, but it takes you right up onto the southern range road on the plain.... lovely stuff!!! :D

I know the one - and use it quite often - goes up past a few houses and an old church? I have never found it blocked though and the surface is now made up from gravel/road planings. There are some great views from there.

Chris

Guest diesel_jim
I know the one - and use it quite often - goes up past a few houses and an old church? I have never found it blocked though and the surface is now made up from gravel/road planings. There are some great views from there.

Chris

Yeah, thats the one. a few years back we nicknamed it "Eddington steps", as a smaller version of "Heddington steps" by roundway castle (which you can now almost drive up in a 4x2 car.... :angry: )

Still, at least they're still byways......

Blocked lanes, locked gates, un-official diversions, electric fences across lanes... Reports to the CC have no effect, not so much as any feedback. :(

Are you "someone" then? PM me if you prefer or I will PM my telephone number.

Chris

Looks like the clue's in his sig, Chris...

I've not got a (working) CB but I've PM'd Cartman, Jim and Minivin with my mobile number. Will anyone else be about and interested in a chug or will I have resort to burying my spare wheel and winching if I do get stuck? :ph34r:

Looks like the clue's in his sig, Chris...

Ah, I have the viewing signatures option turned off. I was upset recently by a rediculously long sig that looked more like a web page tacked onto a post. I will take a look...

Chris

PS: Ah, I see now. :)

So, are you not going now then? Anything I can do to help? Not that I am trying to get rid of you... ;)

Chris

nope not going, still work to be done on the truck with solving transmission issues, if I'd have had one more week I could have done it but time is not on my side. Tonk's going to get the machining done next week for me and then we'll have to look at doing the gearbox change someone in a fortnights time