Converting 90 to soft top

Hey,

I've just bought a full canvas and set of hood sticks with the intention of converting from hard top to canvas.

Question is does anyone have any diagrams or measurements to where the rope fixings sit on the body, or the set up of the header rail.

I was hoping exmoor trim may have a diagram but it seems not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

James

The header rail is easy(ish) James, I converted my hard top to a soft top truck cab (trakkers) before I really knew what I was doing with cars.

Can't help you with the rear tie loops but if you need any information or photos or just general help with the header rail you can give me a yell. I believe they all use the same rail.

You will notice a MASSIVE difference in the way the truck handles when you have removed the roof and sides.

Have you got the double loop set for behind the seats? You will need these and the tie bars which join them if you want to retain the reel seatbelts.

There are other things too which I'd not previously thought about.

Interior light and speakers to name two.

"There are other things too which I'd not previously thought about.

Interior light and speakers to name two."

Speakers can go in the underside of the dash, cut into the rear bulkhead and in pods that fit at the rear of the tub (where you access the back of the lights).

I have a light on the dash but you can now get a plate that fits onto the interior mirror mounting and takes a standard light, it was previewed in one of the mag's a few months ago and I keep meaning to order one.

I would put the canvas on and size it up for where the hooks go

On bit of advice is to replace the string they use to tie the roof down with bungie cord and the string always loses and starts to make the roof flap around. Where as the bungie cord makes it easy to get on and off and always remains tight

I have a soft top 90 and the speakers are under the dash

If you want them in the back then go to land rover and get the NAS 90 speaker pods for the back rear corners

I have an ex army roll bar for the seat belt mount

And my old inerior light is mounted on the windscreen

P4150002.jpg.

Works fine here

This is mine with the roof on

PICT0111.jpg

And with the roof

PICT0433.jpg

PICT0493.jpg