AWDC CHALLENGER4X4 SERIES - ROUND 2

Oh Dear Mr Kelly ! I'm back on the scene for the rest of the series now and was so looking forward to rescueing from some where on west harptree. Oh well 5hit happends chris, we thought you may have got rid of that dark cloud of Doom that follows you around.

Happy Spannering

Nick

What a fantastic day :)

I was very fortunate to have a stand in co driver at very short notice, So a huge thank you to kimi,

I have no idea how we done but we had a huge amount of fun doing it :D

Smashing array of punches, And some really good team spirit going on,

The DVD from the 1st round is a corker to watch,

I got a bit "clenchy" a few times throughout the day ;) , But i think the tree coming straight through the front windscreen and stopping a few inches from me nose was quite high on my list of things not to do again :o

Almost forgot to thank cooky for lending me his top housing after i smashed another one up :rolleyes:

Got a bit of time off till the next round, But looking forward to it

Im sure the full results will be along as soon as the people get home

Another well set out and well attended event :) Woudl be good to see some results up tho... :P

Unfortunately for us it started going wrong from the moment we arrived when we noticed we had snapped the trailer in half on the way down - Thankfully we managed to find a workshop with some steel and a welder, and stuck it back together before dinner on saturday. Thanks to Cliff and Paul for the tea and use of their mig. :i-m_so_happy:

Sunday also seemed fated after we broke a tyre valve and stripped the splines on a drive flange within the first hour or so... only to fix them, go back out, and proceed to fold the back axle back underneath the truck, destroying a trailing arm, the rear prop, and ripping the brake pipe off the axle too...

so, not a great day for us, which is a shame as we were quite looking forward to the event, and there were some really good punches set out.

Anyway, enough of me moaning, there must be more pictures than just those of Mark falling off his trailer.... :P

Cheers to everyone involved - Paul, Lucy, Marshalls et al - very much appreciated as ever!

ta

Mark

Mark here..

i was hoping that no one saw what had happened when the trailer moved when i was loading.... But i must just point out i did have no steering and my truck was not driving in a straight line due to panard rod acting like a banana ..... All in All what a great week end... Great event, Great sat night in a field, beer and a movie,,, no pop corn tho????? great bunch of boys and girls.. well not so many girls,, if you want them you have to go to mud monsters... really good fun,, thanks to all at challenger and all the marshalls as well. Also a big thank to the guys for all the videos and photos.

Yours

mark and andy

mud monsters

Why do we need cyber punches?

The results were ready at about five minutes past four on the day and the only reason they took so long to post up on here is because i was unable to get to my computer for several days.

I hope they are all correct and theres been no issues when they were sorted into position order.

Hopefully all correct with no mistakes! We try our best at least, only human after all. My super powers are running out fast!!! Lol ;)

Maybe it might make your good wifes life easier Ben!

NO Stress then with as quoted above mistakes.

"Sarah" maybe wearing your Knickers over your Jeans my get your super powers back :D

Nick

Cyberkeys are the way forward ! Tells you so much about the comp overall like times between sections and who was there and when.

Stops people double punching there card to gain points !!!! never seen an organizer yet that cheaks against a master card. Even myself ! would take for ever.

Markie

It certainly would Chris.

It's a 100% way of Competitors only getting scores for what they have really done.

Even though some organizers do have a master punch card, i'm telling you for a fact it would take forever to cheak every card against it.

We looked into the keys for the future Tailend challanges if i decide to organize them again, i think they are the way forward, not just for cheating ba5tards but for info on the time in sections, who's where and when and any damaged sections reported can be found out from who was the last person in there.

They might have their little problems from time to time but so do the old school punches ! Pins drop out, rubbed off numbers, getting pulled off lines, same pin paterns, pain in the arse to gather in and keep tidy in order.

So swings and round abouts as with everthing.

Personally if i was competing in a comp i'd feel better knowing there was cyberkeys. My Opinion.

Nick

Dont think you will ever stop the cheating Bas5ards in this sport :angry: in fact unless the keys are checked in and out very carefully they are easier to cheat :o than cards ,as well as all the other problems with them ! My opinion anyway

Mhh piont taken, but they should be checked correctly same as punch cards. It is hard when totalling up at the end of the day as i've been there done that one many times, and even when competing over the years you just know that teams dont get penaltys for distroying punch sections and double punching.

The hole Comp scene is pretty wrong in many ways but thats for another day !!!!

Well Sarah looks like your just going to live with your role, and any help needed from myself and i'm sure others will be offered i hope.

Nick