Seven Sisters RTI maths cock up

Duh - 9 on the ramp is 9 feet which equates to 108 inches Timbo has a 93 inch wheelbase so he actually scored 1161

Interestingly enough, Landrover 598, using his own copywrought system (protected by Glassbolt Securities PLC) scored a mere 1000 (100inches). Safety forced us to stop him going further up the ramp - his small tyres where de-stabilising the vehicle. At the point of stopage he had 2-3inches of front travel left and about 1 inch on the rear

Using Rauhe Vermutungarbeit's formulae this would give Landrover 598 a score of well over 1200 if shod with 35" tyres and less gay rims

This proves that the three link technology is now redundant in the face of the new age of advanced design coming out of South Wales!

I thought the mighty ramp formula contained a bit that worked out the vertical height of the wheel from sin(rampangle) - the only reason you measure the distance travelled along the ramp is because there's more resolution in that direction, plus farmers, hicks and yokels can figure it out more easily when they're wearing wellies.

RTI scores are usually given for a 20° ramp, for ramps of different angles you can calculate what the score on a 20° would be.

I think the ramp was set at 20°.

I got about 7.2 feet up the ramp, which in a 90 equates to about 930 RTI score.

RTI ramps are ok for a bit of fun at club days, 4wd shows etc. But a good RTI score is not always indicative of a competant crosscountry vehicle.ie some rigs that score well driving forwards up the ramp may well fall over when reversed up to the same height, or in the real world when descending steep offcamber banks etc. Front to rear articulation balance is probably more relevant than ultimate RTI score.

Bill.

Jim

RTI base line is 20 Degrees 23 and 30 were only introduced after the magic 1000 was first broken. Anything over 1K is good - very good. What makes Daves even better is that he has achieved 1K and still has a vehicle with good raod manners (well for a Defender)

Bill

I agree. We built the RTI ramp to test for brake line stress/bush stress/body rub/anyother issues. To prove your point, this last weekend, a bog standard LR Series 3 with a 2.25 engine and AT tyres proved to be as capable as many supposedly superior vehicles - yet scored a mere 580...

Tim,

Why would I have a bad head?

RTI ramps are ok for a bit of fun at club days, 4wd shows etc. But a good RTI score is not always indicative of a competant crosscountry vehicle.ie some rigs that score well driving forwards up the ramp may well fall over when reversed up to the same height, or in the real world when descending steep offcamber banks etc. Front to rear articulation balance is probably more relevant than ultimate RTI score.

Bill.

Well said that man.

Tim,

Why would I have a bad head?

Because when you posted the start of the thread, you must have had a few, cause it does not make a lot of sense to me :P

I am also with bill van snorkle on this one :blink: just numbers !!