Placement of CB antenna

q-rover

On a Disco2.

Anyone got any good suggestions of which mounts and where to put them?

Thinking of having it permanantly fitted.

Standard D2 (2004), no roofrack or other items to attach a mount to.

I have one of these on my Disco:

Stainless Steel gutter mount

I have it mounted above the offside rear window and get an SWR of approximately 1.6 with a 5 foot antenna and an earth strap on the mount. The best thing about it is the locking hinge so you can flip the antenna down when driving particularly overgrown lanes.

Mine's smack bang in the middle of the roof - looks like a jumbo sized remote controlled car!! :huh:

Thats where i had mine on my last disco, I popped the rear interior light out of the roof lining, This allowed me to run the cable through and access to bolt it up etc, Swr wsa good also, Hope this helps :)

On the D2 (well mine anyway) there is a blanking plug about 1ft in from the rear door (tailgate). Easy to get at by just unclipping the plastic trim, moving the headling down a bit and putting a dome mount on. Mine has been there for ages now, through carparks, trees, etc and not come off.