Beadlocks?

Warthog

Ive been picking brains of those that have some (thanks DAAN, Chris, Martin, WBBSC to name but a few) as mine are little fried at the mo, I have to balance what I would like to build with what I am allowed to build by the team and I think we have a plan now - the only thing is engines, diesel or V8, if I can find some extra pennies then I can go mad but if not then I stick with my diesel, either way - 200+kgs lighter than last year and much much faster :D

the rolling chassis will be done in a couple of months - I can still play with the design until then :ph34r:

Hi Dolly,

Does this mean your gona Break Petal?...???

I hope not as i'd still like to see her performat least once :(

Wot wheel base you thinking..?

Still got Russia in your blood...?

Can't convince you to perhaps to do some UK events or other styles..??

Look forward to seeing the new truck and which new inovatuiions make it on to it.

Master splicer.......

These rumours get everywhere...... :P:lol:

Missing you lover

Jim :blink:

Hi Dolly,

Does this mean your gona Break Petal?...???

I hope not as i'd still like to see her performat least once :(

Wot wheel base you thinking..?

Still got Russia in your blood...?

Can't convince you to perhaps to do some UK events or other styles..??

Look forward to seeing the new truck and which new inovatuiions make it on to it.

Master splicer.......

These rumours get everywhere...... :P:lol:

Missing you lover

Not sure if i mis you as wel????????????

Jim :blink:

nah, she wont be broken, might rent her out for next years events, depends on pennies, when new cars proven then maybe petal gets the bullet... :o

cant wash the vodka out - once its got ya, your doomed.. its a major league commitment for next year Jim, Baltic cup and Ladoga, theres only so much hard earned £ to go around :(

lighter, stronger, faster - got to keep improving, theres a lot of catching up to do (for me anyway!! )

Mine are Matt lees Nige, three main reasons

Financial - by the time I'd shipped 5 rims over it was still cheaper to buy them from Matt

Speed - matt said he would do them quick and he's up the road

Alterations - if I wanted the offset changed they only had to be shipped "ooop narth" fair enough its still another country but is just about closer than the land of carp beer

Stazzies have the bling, beautifully made etc, but the choice between the two is pretty much of a muchness IMO, both types seem to seal as well as each other

I can however tell you I've knocked the living she ite out the matts and they didnt seem to notice ;)

Nice question Nige :D

SO ML or Stazie but where do the alloy three piece rims bathtub uses eminate from or are they not internal beadlocks (though even if not surely any split rim could be used)?

A couple of alternative thoughts for the mix!

First, imagine two short lengths of plastic pipe the same length as the rim is wide, less the thickness of two tyre walls and the same diameter as the outside of the rim (much like the staz thing above).

However, the two bits of pipe must fit concentrically inside one another. If you were to weld the two tubes together at the ends and then inject air in to the gap between them - so it inflates a bit like a ring doughnut - the length of the tubes will shorten as the ring gets thicker. This may be enough such that if you can get a tyre on, then deflate the doughnut, the plastic will push the beads against the rim.

Second,

Decided to delete it - too good an idea!

Si

the only problem with the second one is thabcder ejnm[nme[g olmgomy eomygjh :( rubbing on the side

<_< the resultant issue seemed to b whis]&& anrfonmt dsn eh tnuire d a litd dkiont pwifnt eading to whghf rotuin toua nd causing it to rub heavily :oif enough heat generates on occaisioght somwht eo fire explosion! hows to get round that I guess would be easing some fluid ingh b whist hu pnnpouifjnt? :lol: a few fatalities

a gho9hjen local farmer from eohds the coewqs dwod there was a goat he said it got stuck but Im not sure :unsure:

!

- I hope that helps?

ANYONE Got pics or info on Matt Lees DOUBLE Beadlocks pics would be good.

Spoke to Matt, he is up to his eyes at the mo, could only send me pics of singles...

Want to know exactly how they work, and pics too ?

Nige

This wil tell you exactly how the system double beadlock is working. They are al working more or less the same way.

This is Hummer based but that doesn't matter really

http://www.pirate4x4.com/articles/tech/bil.../PR-Hummer_Rims