Injector Pump tuning problem

I tweaked my injector pump a few weeks back on my defender 200tdi, It has been running great with a little smoke on full load but not an excessive amount.

I was In third doing about 30mph yesterday and as I put my foot down there was a bang from the engine followed by the Oil light staying on. The engine still runs and the temp Gauge was half way at the time.

The engine now sounds even more like a tractor and is much louder than before and I noticed that it seemed to be much hotter around the turbo so im guessing from what I have read that the EGT temp has got too high and something has given in.

The engine still starts and has Oil/water

Can anyone please give me any advise what has most likley given in or any other advise.

Many thanks

The camshaft bearing issue on the 200tdi refers to the rear cam bearing moving and reducing the oil pressure. The bearing can be inspected by removing the lift pump cover plate. You should be able to see if it is sitting correctly in its casting.

As for your problem, I'm not sure that it moving would have happened with a 'bang'.

If it were mine, I'd be looking at the turbo, dropping the sump for a look-see, and then taking the head off.