discovery 2 auto box into a defender td5

hi all just a quick question. im putting a td5 discovery auto box on my defender td5. i know the flex plate bolts to the fly wheel but doe the three holes on each corner of the flex plate bolt to the torque converter? sorry if it seems a stupid question but i just wanted to check first.

cheers all

chris

hi all just a quick question. im putting a td5 discovery auto box on my defender td5. i know the flex plate bolts to the fly wheel but doe the three holes on each corner of the flex plate bolt to the torque converter? sorry if it seems a stupid question but i just wanted to check first.

cheers all

chris

Yes they do, you should also use new bolts when refitting.

Steve

Yes they do, you should also use new bolts when refitting.

Steve

hi steve cheers for confirming. any ideas as to why the engine struggles to turn over now. iv put a range rover viscous transfer box on and a discovery 2 auto box. ever since puttin them on when iv come to start it for the first time the its like the engine is siezed which it isnt. iv litterally just rebuilt it and checked it everything works before fitting the gearboxes etc,.

also you wouldnt know if the discovery 2 td5 auto starter motors are different from the defender manual td5s would you?

thanks again

chris

Looking on Microcat the starter motors are the same for TD5 Defender & Discovery, manual or auto,NAD 101240 new, NAD 101240E exchange.

Have you fitted the earth lead ?

Steve

hi the earth lead has confused me a bit . when i look at a discovery 2 td5 wiring diagram theres an earth lead that goes from the starter motor to the same place as where the battery earth earths off to. but when you look at a defender td5 diagram there isnt one. you think maybe its worth putting one on to the starter motor like the discovery one maybe??

thanks again

chris

hi the earth lead has confused me a bit . when i look at a discovery 2 td5 wiring diagram theres an earth lead that goes from the starter motor to the same place as where the battery earth earths off to. but when you look at a defender td5 diagram there isnt one. you think maybe its worth putting one on to the starter motor like the discovery one maybe??

thanks again

chris

Defender engine earth is most likey attached to the engine block & chassis, rather than being attached at the starter motor bolts.