Window rubbers

chazsmash

Rimmer Bros. used to list some window rubbers for the RRC, if they still do be prepared for a shock to the wallet though :o Failing that use lateral thinking & pick up a copy of Classic Car Weekly & scan the trade ads. at the back.

Had visions of it being a nightmare scenario but was hoping someone would have an easy/cheap answer, will definitely get to the news agents to buy a classic car magazine as that could be the way forward, will let you know how i get on.

Cheers

Charlie

Had visions of it being a nightmare scenario but was hoping someone would have an easy/cheap answer, will definitely get to the news agents to buy a classic car magazine as that could be the way forward, will let you know how i get on

Suppliers don't always advertise in every issue so if you have a problem I'll look through some back numbers. I tend to only keep the last 4 these days as I had a clear out last year & chucked 3 year's worth. The recycle bin did well with over 150 papers!

How right you all were, had a good ring round today of all the usual suspects on the Landrover supplies front, out of the 4 company's i rang at least 2 of them i could tell were stifling laughter when i mentioned Range Rover classic rear window seals, the chap at my local main dealer informed me that they stopped stocking them or making them to his knowledge 10 years ago, but after 5 minutes on the phone with him checking a few suppliers he told me he could get some but they were massive money , £150/side. Starting to think the black mastic method may be a short term fix, if i do end up doing it that way i will post some photo's, not giving up yet though, ringing woolies trim tomorrow.

Cheers

I could do with a set for my 95 RRC - the rear side window seals have split their lips along the top of the wing panel. I have seen excellent results of restored vehicles where the owners cut that entire lip off, so the profile of the rubber was the same on all four sides of the window, and once installed, ran black silicone along between the rubber and top of the wing. The result looked just like brand new rubbers (they only told me what they had done when I asked where they got the new rubbers from!).

The seals plus direct company is very similar to the woolies trim people, had a cataloque from woolies, and once i can suss out the exact profile of the seal(you can pretty much buy any profile)you can buy it in straight lengths which you would then have to heat and bend yourself i presume, spoken to both companys on the phone, and neither of them do an off the shelf trim for the Range Rover rear windows, they both do a couple of series one trims but nothing for the newer Land Rover stuff, if anyone has a Photo or specification with dimensions of the trim it would save me taking the window out and leaving it open to the elements while i try and source and make the new trim, as like a lot of us mine is being done on the drive.

Cheers

Charlie