Jimmy Two-Jacks

Their seems less space now

Hi All,

It’s been a while since I have posted but with the fleeting appearance of the yellow orb I have been doing a bit on my 90 rebuild.

I have just put the new (to me) front seats in and notice that the seems less room behind the wheel even with the seat right back????

I have changed the seat box from a 200td to a 300tdi with modification to the facia but I measured and it’s the same dimensions as the old one....Are the new 05 seats thicker/deeper.

Now, I have put some weight on but surely not that much :unsure:

Not a deep philosophical question I know but just wondering whether I should cut back on the pies or its the seats :D

Hi All,

It’s been a while since I have posted but with the fleeting appearance of the yellow orb I have been doing a bit on my 90 rebuild.

I have just put the new (to me) front seats in and notice that the seems less room behind the wheel even with the seat right back????

I have changed the seat box from a 200td to a 300tdi with modification to the facia but I measured and it’s the same dimensions as the old one....Are the new 05 seats thicker/deeper.

Not a deep philosophical question I know but just wondering whether I should cut back on the pies or its the seats :D

There are some seat raisers and some that can give different angles when moving the seat fully back that might help. I have the same problem being six foot three and a bit portly since last christmas pudding. :D

There are some seat raisers and some that can give different angles when moving the seat fully back that might help. I have the same problem being six foot three and a bit portly since last christmas pudding. :D

Thanks for the advice

J

I got some 1” box about 18” long and cut it along the length and landed up with 1” at one end and 0 at the other – if you understand what I mean. It now looks like two tapered U sections. Bolted the seat runners to these and then onto the original mounts.

This lets the seat slide back over the 1” rise on the back bulkhead.

Frax ;)

Hi All,

You should fit a smaller steering wheel before cutting back on the pies :P

Steve

You should fit a smaller steering wheel before cutting back on the pies :P

Steve

I thought about that, as pie starvation is too horrible to consider.

Are the any compatible wheels from other vehicles that might fit the spline?

Cheers

James