3.9 V8 Map

Cynic-al

Can anyone supply one to give me a good starting point? Its MSI V3 (although i think when i ran the port checker it said 029?) in an RRC 3.9. No PWM extra air valva at the moment... one step at a time :blink:

Also looking at megatune i can see how to open the msq file, and how to burn individual tables but is there an option to burn all? And by the same token is there a download all? I would like to save whats in the box before i start playing :)

I would rather try learn it with something that runs :)

To save the existing values just launch megatune and power the ECU up. MegaTune will automatically load all the current values from the controller and you can then simply use the "save as" function to save out the current settings as a .msq file.

As above, when you open a .msq file while the ECU is powered on and connected you will be prompted to burn all the values in the msq to the controller.

MS1 V3 simply means you are running on a v3 PCB so doesn't indicate the software version/revision. It sounds like you are running a variant of MS1-Extra v29xx the xx will give you an indication of the sub revision, currently this is 29y4.

I'd recommend looking at TunerStudio as a good alternative to MegaTune. As well as coping much better with different revisions/settings the registered version can analyse and adjust your fuel map while you drive which, if you're tuning on your own, makes the whole process much quicker and simpler. IMV it's well worth paying the one off £20 registration fee for the auto tune feature.

I have a decent 3.9 map somewhere, I'll try and find it and post it unless someone else posts one in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it going, needs a bit more refinement but happy with progress! Big thanks to Nige & Roger, couldn't have done it without them.

Only problem is it seems to have a bit more go, first outing = ;

68295681.jpg

:huh::lol:

Whoops... but the label in the back ground say's it only cost £5 so don't worry to much. ph34r.gif