Disco 2 rear parking sensors playing up

CJRH

The rear parking sensors on my Disco 2 are playing up with the continuous warning beep. Is it possible to have them checked to see if it is a sensor that has failed? I have pulled the connectors off the back of the sensors in the rear bumper and sprayed some white grease into the connectors in case it was some crud or moisture causing the issue. Also, does someone have the part number for the sensors?

Thanks, Chris

Chris, what about removing each sensor connector while the ingnition is turned on (engine can be off) while the reverse sensor is beeping? You'll need to walk away as you try each one to clear your self of the sensor picking you up. I'd have thought that through this process of elmination, you'll be able to identify which sensor is faulty.

I don't think you were following my thinking Chris. It's most likely that you only have one sensor faulty so I'm wondering if by removing then re-connecting each one from the circuit, one by one, you'll be able to identify which one it is faulty.

• 1 year later...

I had this exact problem with my 2004 ES, thought it was an intermittent fault with sensors, but turned out it was the rear step being down that was causing the continuous tone. Gas strut had gone in step and sometimes I would push it back up myself when I walked past, unwittingly solving the problem. Hope this tip comes in useful to someone else.

• 7 years later...