Manuf. numbers for '05 D-110?

Gringo

I should have put Brakes in the topic. Can I edit that?

I have an unusual situation. I live in a British Overseas Territory and have two Defenders, but the only DIY parts supply stores here (NAPA, CarQuest) cannot reference any post 96 Defender parts at all in their databases. They are US companies. If I can find out the original manufacturers part number, sometimes they can supply it, if it's also used on vehicles imported to the USA.

That said, I need pads all around on our '05 110 wagon. Any help appreciated.

have a play with this http://www.numcat.ru/landrover/

if you use Google Chrome web browser, it will or can be set to translate it for you.

Thanks. I stumbled around in there a while. It gives me the Land Rover part numbers, okay, but I think what I am trying to find is the original manufacturer of the calipers, and their part number. If they were, for example, a BorgWarner xxxx, I might be able to find a Ford or Toyota that uses a BorgWarner xxxx and then I could get NAPA to look up the pads for me. I wouldn't think LR is machining unique brake calipers? Surely they buy them from someone.

LR brake components come from various suppliers.

AP Lockheed

Lucas Girling

brake pads & shoes from Mintex or Ferodo

I don't have parts catologues for those.

Yes, I understand. I have managed to find what I think are the right numbers (SFP0002501 and 260P) and have written Rimmer Bros to see if I have it right.

But shipping them from the UK will be incredibly expensive. 40% import duty, etc.

When I get them, I will just read the real number off of the box and write it down for when the other truck needs them.

Thanks for trying. It's frustrating for me to have to import them from Europe when there are likely a few sets sitting about five miles from here, with no apparent way to find all of the vehicle brands that a given caliper is used on.

Look at the pads on your vehicle? They may have markings on.

Or take a pair off, and take them to the store. Most motor factors over here have a book of brake pads with shapes etc. so one can match them up.

Thats a good idea. I might try that. In the past, NAPA here have only been able to try to look things up on computers. They're not mechanics, themselves. Not a lot of practical experience in matching parts. Am I right in that the front and rear are different? Do these numbers look right: SFP000260G and SFP000280G?

Things rust up pretty bad here. It's essentially like living and driving on a beach 365 days a year. Once I have the original boxes from P2 TRW I should be okay going forward. Worst is when the vehicles sit for a week or longer. everything that was shiny ( rotors) gets a layer of surface rust, which then acts like abrasives to the pads. These are really low mileage, but hard miles, every one.

SFP000260G and SFP000280G?

a lot of suppliers use LR'S own part numbers for identfying their stock, the suffix 'G' means that part is either a Genuine LR item or the same but from another supplier.

I have a new boxed set of 110 rear disc brake pads waiting to go on my 110 along with the rear disc parts to convert from drum brakes. the pads box is Delphi/Lockheed
Delphi part number LP0777 corresponds to LR part SFP000160

that might help you find a set of rear disc pads.

a lot of suppliers use LR'S own part numbers for identfying their stock, the suffix 'G' means that part is either a Genuine LR item or the same but from another supplier.

I have a new boxed set of 110 rear disc brake pads waiting to go on my 110 along with the rear disc parts to convert from drum brakes. the pads box is Delphi/Lockheed

Delphi part number LP0777 corresponds to LR part SPF000160

that might help you find a set of rear disc pads.

In my policy of following up every lead, I got onto Delphi's website. I clicked Europe as the destination, and then Land Rover, and then 2005....and it listed three vehicles, none of which were Defenders.

So then I entered your part number LP0777 in their search engine, and got the message "No products matched your search criteria".

so, I'm still at a dead end, there.

Have a look at this:

ADB01078.pdf

A lot of cross-reference part numbers there for the 110 rear pads that Ralph describes.

That is SO tantalizing. It gives me a nice list of other manufacturers, but they are all in Europe, I think. None that NAPA in the US carries.

I ran a search on the rear pads, using Comlines number ADB01078, and they list all the Defenders that they fit, and at the end of the list, they show an application for "Range Rover", but the line is incomplete. IT shows engine as "NaN" and then "2497" under cc/displacement. But no year.

IF Land Rover used the same brake calipers on anything other than the Defenders, I could find them here! Discos, Freelanders, and Range Rovers were all imported into the USA. If I knew that my 2005 Defender used the same brake as say, a 2004 Range Rover, life would get simple. I would just tell NAPA I needed brakes for a 2004 Rover, and THAT is something they can look up in their USA database.

Does that make sense? Can you think of some clever way to find out all of the vehicles that the LR part number SFP000280 is used on, for example?

thanks for all the help, by the way.

Land Rover imported NAS 110s too didn't they? That might have been in the drum brake days though.

Does your local store not deal with any of the manufacturers listed on that PDF? If they deal with Mintex for example, or a distributor for them, then surely they can just order the pads now you have a number to give them?

SFP000280 used on these vehicles

2004 RR rear brakes are totally different, so no good for your truck.

Those ARE the rear brakes. I can find the Land Rover part numbers, I just can't buy them off the shelf, it seems, in the British Overseas Territories, and can't cross reference them to anything in the USA.

Surely, those hydraulic calipers were built by a company that builds hydraulic calipers...and presumably they sold them to someone besides the people building Defenders?/