fao people who own more than one car

nino

i have 3 cars, 2 defenders and a pug 206gti

the current insurers cant swap over to the pug for some reason and i dont want to pay 800quid for another policy

a friend told me to get a mini fleet policy

any one have one of these and where do you recomend goin to get one?

cool i have a look into that

is there any restrictions like milage or usage? im not fussed if i dont use for goin to and from work as i have a company van for that

Have you tried admiral? I switched this year to put both the landy and scooby with them.

I think their multi car deal covers up to 5 cars.

They also maintain my no claims on the scooby and SWMBO is getting no claims on the landy. With both of us as shared users on the other car (not as named drivers)

HTH

i did try them a wile ago for 2 cars but it worked out cheaper if i did them single with different people, i may give them ago as i have 3 cars goin on there

I've got a multicar policy from Admiral too. P38 & the wife's Megane, when I added a 3rd car the premiums on the other 2 were reduced as well. The total mileage now being split between 3 vehicles.

It works well if you have more cars than drivers. No good for modified vehicles though.

h yes don't I know

BMW 3 series = "Oh yes sir"

Honda CRV = "Oh Yes sir"

"slighty" Modified 90 = "I don't ave 4.5 V8 on my drop down list and as to the other mods Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek"

<click> whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

OK for anything standard forget ANY mods

nige

My policy is for unlimited mileage, free recovery (very useful for being recovered with my 110 and caravan from Halifax over christmas all the way back to Salisbury plain!)

Last year, I had a muppet go into the back of me at a junction. FJ were great, they supplied a 110 td5 CSW as a replacement car whilst my 110 was being repaired!

admiral was 1240 odd

i did try a few others online yesterday but none got backl to me other than admiral and o was too busy to make calls so i try and get a few in tomorrow

its goin to be me on 3 cars or me and girlfriend on 4 cars so more cars to people

TBH not convinced, have '10 saab convertible, '91 90 a '04 citroen C2 plus my company C5 est but mini fleet was a little saving for just self and wife but add a b*****y seventeen year old into the mix and oh what joy we have. basically 420 for saab, 200 for truck and 1500 for C2. child only funnily on C2. Fleet deal was 9000 :wacko: don't you just love children..........

• 1 month later...

The question I've asked all these multi car policy companies is - "If I'm driving one and my wife another, will you pay out if we drive into each other?" :rolleyes: There seems to be so many restrictions regarding using them that this question usually provokes an interesting reaction!

Follow it up with "If one of the vehicles is written off, does the policy continue for the other cars?"

Malcolm

Try a company online called ecarinsurance, they do multi vehicle policies. Covering upto four cars and four drivers, also vans & bikes. I have most of my motors with them. At renewal last time I decided to look around but found that the likes of admiral multi car seemed to want ncd listed off each car where as my ncd was on the policy covering both cars which meant I could only use my full ncd on one vehicle through other companies. I stayed with ecar as they were still cheaper and far more convenient all alterations online instantly and give incentives to use their other policies. at the moment they are offering a free classic bike policy if you take out a normal bike policy and regular vouchers for other policies.

The question I've asked all these multi car policy companies is - "If I'm driving one and my wife another, will you pay out if we drive into each other?" :rolleyes: There seems to be so many restrictions regarding using them that this question usually provokes an interesting reaction!

Follow it up with "If one of the vehicles is written off, does the policy continue for the other cars?"

Malcolm

So what is the answer, do they pay out in that situation and does the insurance continue for the other vehicles??? (My gut feeling is probably no, and no!)

You'll get different answers from different companies! Essentially they all want to get out of paying out if at all possible, however if they're trying to sell me a multi car policy with named drivers (i.e. me + swmbo) I want to be absolutely sure what we're covered for. There's loads of small print so the questions usually cut to the bottom line. Some years ago I took out a multi car policy but only after they answered question 1 with "yes".

Does multi car actually mean "your 3 cars are covered provided only 1 is driven at any time by either driver" OR "you can both drive any of them at the same time and both be covered"

If it's cheap I suspect the former, but get it in writing. The time you don't want to find out what you've actually bought is after a ding!

Malcolm

Oh and they wrote off one car when it was driven into and kept the other car insured till renewal. Showed the value of asking the questions before buying but that was a few years ago and a major insurer.