td5 engine tuning and modifying.

hi all, now i have a td5 engine to go into my defender 110. iv chosen the td5 for a reason but need some ideas.

i want to heavily modify and tune this engine . iv been reading into performance diesel modifying and ive seen some people have put have put forged pistons , performance cams in etc. in reading this iv been wondering whether its possible to do this to the td5s. has anyone ever done this?

anybody know who could give me some ideas on where to go for these parts etc?

iv got the hybrid turbo and performance intercooler and turbo pipes . but wondered whether doing thing such as iiv explained the forged pistons and performance parts.

also is there any modifications i should do to the engine with me doing modifications. ill be rebuilding the engine anyway so any information anyone can advise it would be much apprieciated.

another question would be im having it as an auto . would the discovery td5 auto box cope with the power the engine would be putting out??

thanks for your help everyone

chris

my D2 has a stage 1 tune and just holds onto the engine due to the uprated torque converter

hybrid and intercooler would need a TC and an uprated box IMO, check out the options from ashcrofts but it ain't cheap :huh: