Stop Solenoid 3 wire Version

tuko

I've been searching for the better part of a half hour for a definitive answer that I swear I seen one time before (possibly written by Jim) without luck. :(

A friend called tonight and needs help with wiring his 300Tdi injector pump, the stop solenoid has the silly black box over it and 3 wires coming from that. (He's transplanting a 300Tdi in an early RRC)

The closes thread that I can find that approaches my search is this: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=33130&st=0&p=321479&hl=+stop%20+solenoid%20+wires&fromsearch=1entry321479

BUT there is no real answer there. Wasn't this discussed a few months ago and an answer was given?

Would really appreciate being steered in the right direction guys.

Thanks,

Todd.

I guessing the engine is from a 300Tdi Discovery ?

if so, the page below might help.

if it's from a Defender 300Tdi just remove the black box & the solenoid is under it,as mentioned in the last reply in the link you posted

post-20-0-18184600-1304689662_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply Ralph.

The engine that he's transplanting is from a 1998 Discovery.

If he does remove the black box, what will happen? I mean, will the wires follow with the black box and simply leaves the stop solenoid exposed so that he can wire an ignition lead to it? Sorry for the additional questions but I don't want to tell him to do something if I'm not clear with it in the first place. I was luck with my transplant, I used a '97 Defender motor with no electronics on the injector pump.

Thanks,

Todd.

black box removed will just expose the stop soleniod, just the same as a Defender 200 or 300tdi, then connect the energising wire to the stud/nut on the soleniod again as per a standard defender 200 or 300tdi.