300 tdi head gasket change - a few Q's

Astro_Al

You should eventually get fuel to the injectors without using the lift pump (if your battery lasts that long), perhaps the solenoid on the injector pump is not live or something. If you get fuel coming out of the bleed screw as disco_al said and nothing at the injectors, I would look at the wire that powers the stop solenoid.

You've had the injector pipes off, so they will be empty. Lots of cranking to get the fuel up and into the injectors, which quite often flattens the battery. Jump starting right from the start helps a lot. A tow start is the best of the lot if you can arrange that. It also speeds up the process if you hold the accelerator down while trying to start it.

Les.

Thanks guys. Tried starting it for ages off an external starting pack, then towed it quite a way.

I replaced the fuel lift pump, defo worth doing but didn't solve the prob.

In the end I found the fuel solenoid was getting about 9.5v and doing sod all. I replaced to power feed to it and hey presto, starts on the button. All seems ok now, just doing small trips. Got to do some proper towing next week so that'll test it!

Ta for all the invaluable help along the way.

Al.