2002 style Defender dash panel

• 5 weeks later...

I'm looking at getting 1 of these. As I am this side of the pond I'm going to pop in to see them and see what deal they'll do for cash. I mailed them a couple of weeks ago and they are going to be doing other stuff aswell. New door cards for 1 and an "indestructable" roof tent.

Will let you know how I get on.

Only another 65 days till I return home :) , only 3 1/2 months done so far.

Well I have to hold my hand in the air and admit I've ordered one of these from Scorpion.

I want to sort out the dash and get a few switches and dials where I need them and not have the radio jutting out at a jaunty angle.....

When It arrives I'll see if I can pull together a thread with pictures about my installation experiences.

Neil

When It arrives I'll see if I can pull together a thread with pictures about my installation experiences.

Neil

Good man Neil, we like pics and instructions.

2nd & 3rd copies of this exact post deleted, finger got stuck did it ? :hysterical:

Edited by western

Oh no.. Now they got me worried if I should have waited to find out about the MUD one... (Isn't 20:20 hindsight a powerful thing !)

Well I made my bed.. so I'd better go ruffle the duvet. Looks like both will need a lower dash mod so if I don't like the expensive Scorpion one I can always trash it and install the cheaper model...

(Must explore my logic someday soon..)

Neil

(now off to lie down)

I checked when ordering.. Scorpion version does need some of the lower dash cut away if you want to install stereo thingy.....

Is in parcel office now so if Mrs Freak is ever in long enuff for white van man to deliver I'll be able to verify !!

I think the Mark90 one has style, panache and a sort of "one of a kind" look.......

I wouldn't consider a change if I were you. I'm only doing it because I have a wuss Land Rover that sees very little mud etc... Yours is probably used and abused ! :)

Neil

Those relays are for the fans, one for each of the two rad fans and one for the gearbox oil cooler fan, the 4th one is spare ATM. All supplied from their own power feed direct from the battery. There is also another power feed to another set of relays/fuses behind the passenger seat for the extra lights (two rear and four front).

Mark, your fabrication skills know no bounds ! Design and construction show inspired engineering. We are most definately not worthy ;)

Mo, you are too kind ;)

It was intended as just a temporary measure while I get everything in and then I'll know what needs fitting in the final version rather than keep modding it, if when I get round to it :rolleyes: