2002 style Defender dash panel

My flight panel

DSCN0970.JPG

Well thats what it looked like <_< , its stripped down now for the SVA to take away any sticky out bits that might fail it.....

still there all but behind the dash all safely taped up ;)

Wow impresive! Can you tell as wich component you have install? Do you have some more pictures. It has side panels?

Thanks!!!

Kev,

Thanks for the feedback, you are absolutely right regarding the work required, initially i thought it might work, the dash was completely pulled out as I'm touching up the bulkhead for repainting, and pieced everything together on the floor of my flat last night and realized the plenum would need to be heavily modified the easiest part is the fascia mod. Fortunately, I work for an aircraft co. here in the middle east and have access to all the workshops (metal or composite) to do the necessary work on my off time. So, at present I'm doing some measurements to figure out if I can make a box plenum assembly to run flush along the bulkhead, mating with the various vents, I can also form wire-wrapped silicone hose and achieve the same thing. The bulkhead doesn't have the vents (hence no corrosion), so fewer obstructions.Might be a first for your panel Mark.

That being said, it might be a whole lot easier to pick-up the parts required to convert over to the later style dash, there appears to be a bunch of wrecked LRs a few hours from me, shold be able to find what I need amongst the carnage :lol:

As a side note we are thinking of buying up a bunch of used parts and shipping a container load back to Canada. Anyone need anything?

Ralph, you had replied to some of my questions on LRO forums (elderberry) much appreciated!

Cheers All,

Tracy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

thx

We are based in 92348 Berg b. Neumarkt. You can find us here www.nakatanenga.de

The dash was a one off. We can reproduce it at any time.

At the Moment we are selling the iriongoat and the MUD one. But there is also one in Aluminium under construction.

Here is the full story of the vehicle.....unfortunately in german language but with nice pics.

http://www.autobild.de/tuning/autotuning/a...artikel_seite=1

Cheers

Peter

It is neoprene.

It is glued with a very special glue. Once it is placed you cannot remove it any longer. Very tricky job especially around corners etc.

hmm interesting, would give some thermal & sound insulation too

I might try to copy this idea.

what thinkness neoprene?

what is the glue specifically?

cheers

That looks great. Looks more like a cockpit on an aircraft!

You have obviously got your sat nav issues sorted. What do you do with several screens?

I hope you keep your rig locked up at night with all that kit on display.

Cheers, Paul

Hi,

thx

We are based in 92348 Berg b. Neumarkt. You can find us here www.nakatanenga.de

The dash was a one off. We can reproduce it at any time.

At the Moment we are selling the iriongoat and the MUD one. But there is also one in Aluminium under construction.

Here is the full story of the vehicle.....unfortunately in german language but with nice pics.

http://www.autobild.de/tuning/autotuning/a...artikel_seite=1

Cheers

Peter

Thanks Peter,

That is quite away away 300+ miles.

Do you have workshops & fitting service, or do you only sell parts?

Would you sell MwSt free, as I am working here as civilian with British Army?

Cheers, Paul.

Mmmm. Lovely 110.

Shiny. Mmmmmmm. Clean. Mmmmmmmm

Lots of polishing. Mmmmmm

Cleaner than mine! What!?

Thought the guy sitting in the back was Richard Hammond. Then I looked a bit harder... Too tall.

Very thoughtfully done. Can someone start doing the dash etc for reasonable money before the larger retailers get hold of it and start charging ££££.

That 110 has gotta find its way over here and do a few shows.