2002 style Defender dash panel

Paul,

full workshop and fitting services available on 400m²

If you can show a proof i think there is a possibility to sell to you without VAT but i am not 100% sure. Let me know if you know more how to proceed.

If anyone os interested in the dash....we can do it in stainless or aluminium BUT we need to know where to put which holes for gauges or switches first.

My offer: Aluminium is easiar t drill than stainless. We can do it without any holes but the radio console. If we find 5 to buy it i will offer a special forum price!

I#ll be in London from Friday to Tuesday so pleas do not expect an answer within this period.

Cheers

Peter

Paul,

full workshop and fitting services available on 400m²

If you can show a proof i think there is a possibility to sell to you without VAT but i am not 100% sure. Let me know if you know more how to proceed.

If anyone os interested in the dash....we can do it in stainless or aluminium BUT we need to know where to put which holes for gauges or switches first.

My offer: Aluminium is easiar t drill than stainless. We can do it without any holes but the radio console. If we find 5 to buy it i will offer a special forum price!

I#ll be in London from Friday to Tuesday so pleas do not expect an answer within this period.

Cheers

Peter

Yes Peter, we are allowed to get VAT free goods in Germany through the sofor agreement. We get a quote for VAT free price, then I pay Army the money. They produce a cheque to the company quoting with an official letter in German giving authorisation for VAT free entitlement.

Cheers, Paul

Has anyone fitted the mud stuff dash to a TD5 and does the dash get in the way of the gear lever.

e.g. does the gear lever hit the radio?

it can be fitted to any 90/110/130 but no point on a post 2002 TD5 vehicle because they have the LR version fitted from new, the gearlever won't hit the dash, you should be able to see that in some of the pictures within this thread.

I can confirm the MUD console will fit the Td5 dash. We offer two different mounting frames to suit the Defenders different dash-trays.

Only had customer so-far report that they've had to adjust their gearstick to prevent it fouling on the dash. However, that particular vehicle by the owners admission was something of a homemade 'bitsa'.

Kev

MUD-UK

Hi all,

I am really intrested in the Mud dash, has anyone fitted it yet? how hard is it? Also has anyone fitted it with the radio in the bottom with a bank of switches above it and a bank of switches on the sloping part? I have rather a lot of switches to fit but no extra dials!

Thanks

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I am really intrested in the Mud dash, has anyone fitted it yet? how hard is it? Also has anyone fitted it with the radio in the bottom with a bank of switches above it and a bank of switches on the sloping part? I have rather a lot of switches to fit but no extra dials!

Thanks

Matt

Just posted this install on our website that illustrates what you're looking for.

Nick%20dash1.jpg

Kev

Just posted this install on our website that illustrates what you're looking for.

Kev -- any issues with installing two radios in the bottom bank? Clearance to the rear of the upper radio seems the obvious snafu.

I'm going to try to shoehorn in a Radio/CD, Midland Excel 48 Multi CB and a bank of seven Carling switches.

It will all fit with the Radio/CD in the lower bottom bank, Carling switches in upper bottom bank and CB in the top bank but is going to require very very careful placement of thje Carling switches to ensure they don't foul the CB.

Mind you I've got enough bits left from the original but now broken console front panel (thanks for getting the replacement out so quick) to do a trial fit... :o:lol::lol:

Nick%20dash1.jpg

Kev

Not quite sure it does Kev!! Think there may be a few crossed wires.

Yep I want to get the radio in the bottom, but then I Want a bank of switches in the top part, and also a bank of switches above the radio where the storage pocket is in your photo.

I currently need 18 switches, Has any one got any recommendations for good quality rocker switches othjer than Carling switches?

Kev, I saw one of your consoles last week that a friend had ordered I'll be on the phone in the new year to order one.

Matt

Have a look at the Eaton switches, lots of warning light logo panels to choose from.

http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/Dashconsole.html scroll down the page to the switches tips & links bit.

Ralph,

Thanks I'd seen those, really not sure what to do about the switches for my dash! Needing whats probably going to be 20 in total is going to be expensive!!!!

Matt

if you only need switches with a on indicator the small round rockers here small circular rocker switches in 10amp & 16amp would do, sure you could get lots of those on the Mudstuff dash panel.

Hi Ralph,

Those small round rockers are what I have at the moment, to be honest they are pretty hopeless, I would like something that has a symbol on it. IT get's hard to remember whats what and the current Dymo tape labels look pretty rough. I Know I just need to bite the bullet and buy Carling or VWP/Durite switches i just can't quite syke my self up to spend 250quid on switches, and gang mounts!! LOL!

Oh well will have to wait for a sudden rush of blood to the head!! then it might not feel as bad,

Matt

Matt.

I read you now. I can't foresee any problems with fitting two rows of switches in the locations you require. One tip that will save room (and money) is not to bother with the dedicated multiplugs and use invidual spare terminals on the back of the switches instead.

Mudalloverit.

Could be a tight fit installing two units on top of one another. The sloping profile at the back of the dash means the amount of clearance behind the console diminishes the further up you go. Remember - Measure twice. Cut Once!!

Keep the ideas coming! One of the things we're enjoying about the dash console is seeing and hearing peoples ideas and designs. For instance, we'd never even thought about mounting gauges in the way illustrated in the picture above, but it works perfectly.

Kev

Matt.

I read you now. I can't foresee any problems with fitting two rows of switches in the locations you require. One tip that will save room (and money) is not to bother with the dedicated multiplugs and use invidual spare terminals on the back of the switches instead.

Mudalloverit.

Could be a tight fit installing two units on top of one another. The sloping profile at the back of the dash means the amount of clearance behind the console diminishes the further up you go. Remember - Measure twice. Cut Once!!

Keep the ideas coming! One of the things we're enjoying about the dash console is seeing and hearing peoples ideas and designs. For instance, we'd never even thought about mounting gauges in the way illustrated in the picture above, but it works perfectly.

Kev

Hi Kev,

Thanks for the reply, I'll ring you in the new year and hopefully pick a console up from you at Donnington?

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have noticed in this thread a couple of pictures of CBs fitted to the existing 'lower' Defender dash.

Could someone please confirm that this is metal (under the trim) and is Ok to use self tapping screws?

I gather that the entire lower dash is the heater chamber and that the only thing inside is the control bar for the windscreen/feet control flaps. Again, can anyone confirm the approximate position of this bar (so I don't drill into it!) when fitting a CB.

Thanks,

Dave...