2002 style Defender dash panel

Saw this in LRE Aug 2006 issue on page 110 -ShopWindow, & thought you guys/girls would be interested

P6210075.jpg

Defender Dash

for all 90/110/130 upto 2002, similar to the genuine LR 2002 on Td5 part. :i-m_so_happy:

just converted the introductory price of 245usd to gbp with www.xe.com works out at

245.00 USD United States Dollars = 133.469 GBP United Kingdom Pounds

1 USD = 0.544771 GBP 1 GBP = 1.83563 USD = exchange rates.

If you go to the Dash website, they make a lovely unit for about £62.50 delivered. It is black plastic with loads of space to fit the dials. switches, CD and CB where ever you want.

http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/Dashconsole.html

ive drawn up a few diagrams and have a vaguely good idea of what im doing-done a fair few speakers, etc! but i did wonder, if your fitting an ammeter, which one to get. presumably to the Ah rating of your battery? all i seem to find is 30 or 60 amp ones.

also, im going to redo my fuses to blades, fit the lucas switch to a simple on off throw, etc. is it worth fitting a few extra switchs and wire them in to the fuses at the same time-im geussing its mighty annoying 3 weeks down the line when you go "oooooo thats nice and shiney" and then have to pull it all back out ;)

any advice on them is gratefully recieved-ive spent the evening reading this and other forums! and the web.

cheers

don't use a ammeter fit a voltmeter also known as a battery condition indicator instead.

i was going to fit a voltmeter anyway! why do people fit ammeters then- i presumed it was to show how much you were drawing for winching, etc?

ammeters were used years ago in dynamo fitted vehicle to show the charge rate, they won't last long on a alternator fitted vehicle as the charge would most likely damaged the ammeter & the wiring to feed the gauge needs to be pretty thick.