Soft tops

Jon W

Right I know this has been covered before somewhere, I have a 90 bikini top with fittings. I may have acquired a series 2, which I want as a summer toy so hence taking the hard top off. Now I guess the hoop will fit onto the cappings but is there anything else? I know the screen rail and bits above the doors look different. Will the drainage channels behind the door work and the canvas itself will that fit?

A cheap solution for the summer I thought of was to put a defender screen on for the summer although not a period look it would be functional.

Cheers

Jon

Drain channels may well fit but the canvas is shaped differently and the Series screen rail has 'shark tooth' prongs that fit into loops in the canvas whereas the Defender canvas is designed to fit into the clamp on the screen rail.

Is is just the 90 bikini top you want to fit? If so then yes, just take the hardware and screen off the 90 but will you then loose your windscreen wipers? On my IIa they are fitted to the series screen not bulkhead.