Painting a Load area - what with?

Mark

I need to paint the inside of the disco boot. Usually this would be covered in various layers of matting and carpet, but I have removed these as they just seem to hold water against the metal work.

The inside of the boot then, is just metal, and I need to paint the new sections I have let in (ie most of it!). I have seen some of the american sites use special paint for the inside of thier pickups - does anyone know of a similar type of product available here?

I guress hammerite would work, but seems to be quite brittle. Loading boxes of kit and various other things that get thrown in the back, whatever I use needs to be pretty tough. Anyine got any suggestions?

ta

Mark

The inside of the boot then, is just metal, and I need to paint the new sections I have let in (ie most of it!). I have seen some of the american sites use special paint for the inside of thier pickups - does anyone know of a similar type of product available here?

ta

Mark

Here you go Mark :)

http://www.protectakote.co.uk/kits.htm

Cheers

Steve

If you are carrying stuff around loose then the nice paint lining will scratch off.

A lot of tradesmans vans are lined in plywood - this will increase the weight but is simple to fit and very practical. If you have the time then a full checker plate lining is very bling....

Rhino liner was the one I was trying to think of, but it does seem kinda spendy - $350 - $500 per application???? :o

I have actually used the protectacote on the parents-in-laws narrowboat, so I don't know why I didn't think of it. Might investigate that further.

Plywood lining was my original plan, but I am trying to get away from anything that might hold water since the car leaks like a leaky thing with big holes in! The old floor was pretty much non-existant when I got it, and still had carpet and the rubber matting in which had held the water against the floor. Having watched the torrent that comes in from various places in the bodyshell, I think leaving it free of absobant things is best!

Cheers

Mark