And there's me thinking you could get any spare part for a 90

Door latch mechanisms on my '86 90 are worn out. Can't lock them at all from inside or out.

Type with the lift up handle on the outside and flat slab handle in centre of door inside.

Think it's MUC6979 and MUC6980.

No one seems to carry them anymore so what options do I have ? I can drill out the rivets

but is there any sort of service kit ?

Anyone got a functional second hand set lurking around ?

Cheers

So, they can be repaired with a bit of surgery :)

Drilled out the rivets and opened them up. Couple of springs broken and some obvious

wear on some parts. Re-profiled with a dab of weld and a bit of filing sorted the wear

and tear, new springs made from some weird wire I got from a local spring manufacturer.

It's a very malleable wire that once heated to 150c becomes spring steel ! Awesome stuff.

Did you just have to heat it up and let it cool naturally or was it dunked in oil/water to cool it quickly?

Just popped into the kitchen oven at 150c for a couple of mins then cool naturally. Which on a thing

that size does't take long.