Ouch. that hurt !

With no guard on the grinder most of the shrapnel caught me in the lower face & neck, enough to smart but not draw blood. The grinder (1000Watt Milwalkee) was ripped out my hand and landed (still running) in the goolies :wacko: …………. a bit bruised but OK.

Feel free to all have a good laugh on me :P

DSCF0574Medium.JPG

:D

Ian

B****y Hell Ian :o

Thats a very close call :huh: too close, are we now going shopping for at least basic safety goggles at the very least B) ?

Trouble with these things is familiarity definately breeeds apathy against these then biting back - as you have found, I stopped the "Protection via sqinty eye and looking sideways" method when one expoded near me .............and I ruined a perfectly good set of underwear.....

Nige

Worst scare I've had with an angle grinder was actually not me - a neighbour was helping me chop bits out of the floor of the rangie I broke, and being a bit careless. There was nothing I could do as I saw him lower the still spinning grinder towards his groin...

Fortunately he just took a chunk out of the (borrowed) boiler suit he was wearing, but it was right over his femoral artery. That one could have been fatal... Plus the blood would have made a right mess of my drive.

umm, not painful to me but I was cutting up some steel shelving outside the shop last week and being careful about where the sparks went when the disc snagged and showered the 110 in sparks pitting all the windows down the offside including the wing mirror, DOH!

Will :(

An update with way toooooooooooooo much info…………………………. :blink:

I flatly refused to go to the hospital :D …………….however, the nuts have now recovered, although still very battered and bruised ………… I’ll survive. :P

I’ve been cutting some 20mm plate tonight to make some spacers ………… I was going to donate the rest of the plate to Nige just in case he needed to do any chassis repairs. :D

Ian