1984 110 info

Hi

I have been looking at another Land Rover to get me about while I am doing my rebuild on the 90.

The Land Rover I am looking at is an 1984 N/A Diesel.

Can anyone tell me what they are like

Ie: what speed will they do

How unrefined are they compared to a 300tdi.

What are thy worth with new rear crossmember and good bulkhead - ball park range would be good.

Any info would be great.

I am just looking for something that will pull my Ifor Williams trailer and I can through all my stuff in.

Regards

Frax ;)

Hi

I have been looking at another Land Rover to get me about while I am doing my rebuild on the 90.

The Land Rover I am looking at is an 1984 N/A Diesel.

Can anyone tell me what they are like

Ie: what speed will they do

How unrefined are they compared to a 300tdi.

What are thy worth with new rear crossmember and good bulkhead - ball park range would be good.

Any info would be great.

I am just looking for something that will pull my Ifor Williams trailer and I can through all my stuff in.

Regards

Frax ;)

I had a 1984 Ninety a few years back with a 2.25 na engine. :rolleyes: Slower than custard, :huh: but solid and reliable. :D If your looking at 2.5 na then slightly quicker not much but reputed to be good work horse.

Price depending on condition really for a general elephant head butter less than a grand. :blink::ph34r: For a pampered type two maybe three grand on the over inflated price guides within landrover mags. :o As long as the engine is sound and the gearbox is happy then even 2.25 or 2.5 na is tough enough :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Most have conversion to 200 or 300 tdi due to the older engines eventually gave up head butting elephants and needed more umph. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Hi

I have an 86 2.5na csw, Iv'e had it for about 8 years. Ok for 3/4 years but it has got annoying for it's lack of speed (70/75mph) would be nice sometimes. ;) No pulling power when trying to tow out bogged in friends when offroading, although it makes a better ground anchor. :) Needs an engine transplant, VMtdi first then 200/300tdi.

Have you thought about a Disco Iv'e had a 200 with a dodgy gearbox for 4 years, speed pulling power and better fuel figures. I now also have a 300 to be honest it feels better than the 200.

Thanks for all the info.

Bid on a 110 v8 about a month ago and been offered it again - so it will be V8 and guzzle guzzle for me now.

One extreme to the other.

Thank

Frax ;)

Thanks for all the info.

Bid on a 110 v8 about a month ago and been offered it again - so it will be V8 and guzzle guzzle for me now.

One extreme to the other.

Thank

Frax ;)

there's a guy on ebay selling a 110 with 6.2 V8 GMC.at the mo it's at £920. that should pull anything

Got one 1984 £600 - back door not that good - bulkhead also not the best. milage 220000 + Will it last as dont know if the engine has ever been changed but has been serviced regularly as was used by a firm.

Sadly I will not see it till late next week as I am away from home.

Frax ;)