200 TDI downpipe bracket

So, clearly LR made an inferior part since they last a few months and then break again. Has anyone done up a version of the bracket that goes between the block and the downpipe that is a little more durable, and perhaps a lot easier to access?

I've seen two types - M10 bolt through the bracket and into a threaded hole in the engine block, and a plate that has two M6 (?) welded nuts on. The plate bolts to the engine block with an M10 bolt, and the exhaust downpipe is then bolted to the plate with two M6 bolts.

Les.

I've seen two types - M10 bolt through the bracket and into a threaded hole in the engine block, and a plate that has two M6 (?) welded nuts on. The plate bolts to the engine block with an M10 bolt, and the exhaust downpipe is then bolted to the plate with two M6 bolts.

I've the plate/M6 nut variant, where do they usually fail? the bracket itself, or the nuts?

The ends where the large bolts go through have next to no metal so they crack. It's just use of inferior materials combined with a stupid design. Do the same with a piece of spring steel and it would last forever... but then this is the company who intentionally made their chassis rot out prematurely when there was a perfectly acceptable fix as well.

• 1 year later...