Bearmach blue coils

basquen

I've recently had a set of Bearmach blue coils fitted to my 97 300tdi and am concerned about the front coils. The original coils are handed: ANR4350 (passenger/left) and ANR4351 (driver/right). Using the Bearmach front set BA2106 the vehicle is leaning to the drivers side. Bearmach have confirmed that their set isn't handed. I need to try swapping sides. I'd like to know if anyone else with Bearmach or other aftermarket coils has experienced similar problems.

I just put the same springs on, and mine is also slightly lower on the drivers side. That said, it was exactly the same lean, on the originals (grey/grey and brown/brown).

I'm not sure if this really helps, other to confirm, that it's not just you. :-)

Fitted the Bearmach blue HD springs along with their tuff back shocks about 6 months ago and have not noticed it leaning in any direction. I was worried that it didn't sit level like all my friends discos, seems lifted more at the rear but the 235/85/16 BF MT'S don't rub. Everyone said I got the springs mixed up I.e. Front ones on the rear because they were made to take the weight of the engine so with no weight would lift the rear too much and the front would be lower as the rear springs fitted to the front were not made to take the weight. Went over to Bearmach as I only live about 10 mins from the main depot and was assured by them and 2 other customers who said their discos were the same after fitting the kit, the Bearmach rep said that it was higher because they were HD springs meant for loads/towing and what would happen if it were level and then you loaded it up or towed something heavy?. Made sense and all 110s/90s especially MOD vehicles seem higher at the rear to me, but sorry no lean to either side on mine.

i'm on my second set of BM blue's. the first ones were just plain HD ones, no lift, with tuffback shocks. they were fine until after 18 months of normal use (commuting/towing light loads) the tuffbacks failed completely. at all times it felt level on the road.

i've now got 2" lift BM springs on the front, and TBH they are a bit soft, as over any large bumps they crash and bang, so need some higher poundage ones really. the rears are new HD ones, and give a bigger lift than the 2" lift ones - strange, but yes it does sit higher at the back, and it also sits level all round (using procomp +2" shocks and 235/85 tyres too.

I've done exactly the same as disco_al... but I also bought some spring trimmers (I think they were called) from Gwyn Lewis, these are 6mm spacers that you can put under the spring seat to even out the balance. I'm pretty sure they'll do any thickness you want.

• 10 years later...

I am struggling with getting correct suspension for 95 300tdi Disco,I only want std height and a comfortable ride and it sounds like I should avoid the bearmach  spring option. Kind of leaves genuine or dreaded BRITPART. I have managed to avoid the Britpart shocks by putting Armstrongs on the front and Napa on the back but as Allmakes are now part of Britpart I guess I should go for the Britpart items. Unless there are horror stories about their springs or has anyone a better idea?

I would avoid Britpart, and welcome Bearmach typically.  However, a lot of people will recommend someone like OME.

I've had no issues with the Bearmach springs (mentioned above, still fitted today albeit on a different Disco).  I do continue to use a small spacer under the driver's side to balance the car up a little.  That would be true of any "non-handed" springs.

• Like 1

I've used Britpart standard  springs (colour coded the same as OE) for years (as well as Eiback and OME) I have never had any issues with them, apart from carp paint quality. The front springs on my 200Tdi are Britpart pink/yellow/red and were fitted in 2014. I'm thinking I may replace them in the winter as they are just starting to settle