right i've weighed my series

Tonk

As some of you may know theres always been a bit of a weight thing going on between myself and Mr Barker as to who's lighter (see his description), i'm talkin landrovers here not us, Nige is obviously way heavier than me, have u seen the size of him? :lol:

anyway, he weighed his at 2280kg here.

mine with all kit on board including spare wheel, ground anchor, hi-lift, bumper/bullbar and rear xmember all made by myself upto my normal structural heaviness :P:D , full cage, wahooge (power station) battery etc.

anyway it weighed in at 2140 kg which i was pretty pleased about :P:)

so Nige, time to change your description to 'too many doughnuts and my truck is almost as heavy' :lol:

Yeah Yeah Yaeah

I would point out :

20th of SEPTEMBER 2005 Tonk said :

Nige,

....thats less than i thought it would weigh, i guess i'd better get mine done now, need to put front axle back together first or that would be cheating........

And then some 10 MONTHS later (of basically shoving his Landy on a diet :unsure: ) he crows that :

.....anyway it weighed in at 2140 kg (prob without his ciggies in the truck :P ) which i was pretty pleased about......

:hysterical: , So all that work averages out at 14 KG A MONTH :hysterical:

..................Just 140 KG and after 10 months cheating work :lol:

Nige :P

all lr's which get to 2 winches, caged,body protection are going to get somewhere around 2000kgs, i'd be interested how much special buggy type builds weigh when finished just for comparison

me too Tonk, also intreagued with the tray backs weights

theres things afoot to give Petal a bit of a Kiera Knightly job, its currently 2160Kgs ready to party with 40x18's and portals but Im pretty sure its gonna drop a lot very very soon :ph34r:

Sorry guys - I'm building it as fast as I can... :(

I don't think my full-tuber will be much lighter when finished, but I suppose it does have half a tonne of axles on board, plus 250kgs for the gearboxes, flywheel, bellhousing, clutch, fluids etc (all in the same packing crate, so I know what it weighs :P ).

I'm shooting for 1750kgs with a full tube chassis, dual winches etc - all done. We'll see... That leaves me with 1 tonne for everything else, including engine and chassis. Hmmmm... :rolleyes:

Tonk - your diet clearly worked, I was expecting much worse!

Al.

i'd be interested how much special buggy type builds weigh when finished just for comparison

Well I can tell you now, MogLite might have to find a new name Lite it is not. I'll get it weighed when I'm finished, but I'm expecting 2500kgs

Using materials heavier than necessary, because thats what I had, has added plenty of weight.

I've also had to make some things in steel, because I can't weld ali.

Oh - wheels and tyres at 100kgs a corner and farkin great Mog axles ain't gonna help.

Using Blueband rather than CDS would be a great saving too.

Andy - ditch the sarnie box, that'll save, what, a couple of hundredweight?

Damn, if yours weighs 2500, mine won't be far behind - ali V8, same cage material, same wheelbase, same axles, roughly same suspension setup, etc...

:ph34r: Al.

2500 is alot for a bggy type build considering so much is left off compared to a lr, glass, doors, all the trimmy bits etc, i do realise the extra weight of big axles and tyres though, atleast the weight is low down.

:lol: He's got you there Jez! :lol:

2500 is alot for a bggy type build considering so much is left off compared to a lr, glass, doors, all the trimmy bits etc, i do realise the extra weight of big axles and tyres though, atleast the weight is low down.

Hmm, not *that* low - I had to raise the engine and driveline to clear those damn 404 diff pinions. This thing is getting taller by the minute.

The amount of tube I'm getting through is frightening... But yeah, you're right about all 'the little things'.

Al.

me too Tonk, also intreagued with the tray backs weights

theres things afoot to give Petal a bit of a Kiera Knightly job, its currently 2160Kgs ready to party with 40x18's and portals but Im pretty sure its gonna drop a lot very very soon :ph34r:

Dolly, how does that work out with your ground pressure, which you were talking about some time ago?

Daan