right i've weighed my series

Tonk

suffice it to say Daan it can drive on stuff I cant walk over...... (erm that might be more ammunition for the Price of Gingerness :o ) but it works out to be the same as my navigator (Finnish malnurished dwarf) so if he can walk on it I can drive it :)

I think the accro is T45 Al <_<

waffer thin mint anyone???

suffice it to say Daan it can drive on stuff I cant walk over...... (erm that might be more ammunition for the Price of Gingerness :o ) but it works out to be the same as my navigator (Finnish malnurished dwarf) so if he can walk on it I can drive it :)

I think the accro is T45 Al <_<

waffer thin mint anyone???

I think it will go better if you get out and your navigator becomes the driver. What you reckon?

Daan

Will 2150kg should be very easy

Mine wighed in at 2180kg with all recovery gear/waffles on board

and since then I've removed steel rope/roller fairleads and shave a few kgs off in other areas so it should now be around 2145kg.

all lr's which get to 2 winches, caged,body protection are going to get somewhere around 2000kgs, i'd be interested how much special buggy type builds weigh when finished just for comparison

Yeah Mark . I am interested in what Julians truck is going to weigh when it is finshed, as his 90 was not much differant to my old 90

mm even more so , that i may have to go to a company near me over here and go and see about axel end bolt ons

ISTR the Green Bible quoted the 109 at ~1700kgs which was surprisingly low when you see "normal" luxury cars that weigh more than it.

Aha, found it:

http://www.lrfaq.org/FAQ.3.LR_data.html

The 109 CSW is 3752lbs or 1702kg, once again my vehicle is at the cutting edge of off-road technology :i-m_so_happy:

A 90 hardtop weighs ~3828lbs / 1736kg

A 110 hardtop weighs ~4224lbs / 1916kg

Edit:

According to Land Rover the maximum GVW for a 90 is 2400kg, so if you're over that with cage/winches/protection you're already exceeding the design specs :o

I also notice the "slope traverse" angle has dropped again, it's now only 30 degrees - yet more points for the Series at 45 degrees :lol:

FWIW my 90 weighs 1900kg inc driver, fuel and limited recovery gear (no kitty gripper).

Additions over stock are the Simex, 8274 (with steel cable and dual batteries), and some added protection.

Lots of options to add weight to it but reduction is less obvious.

As some of you may know theres always been a bit of a weight thing going on between myself and Mr Barker as to who's lighter (see his description), i'm talkin landrovers here not us, Nige is obviously way heavier than me, have u seen the size of him? :lol:

anyway, he weighed his at 2280kg here.

mine with all kit on board including spare wheel, ground anchor, hi-lift, bumper/bullbar and rear xmember all made by myself upto my normal structural heaviness :P:D , full cage, wahooge (power station) battery etc.

anyway it weighed in at 2140 kg which i was pretty pleased about :P:)

so Nige, time to change your description to 'too many doughnuts and my truck is almost as heavy' :lol:

Mine only weighed 2040 kg when it was first built :blink:

G.jpg

me too Tonk, also intreagued with the tray backs weights

theres things afoot to give Petal a bit of a Kiera Knightly job, its currently 2160Kgs ready to party with 40x18's and portals but Im pretty sure its gonna drop a lot very very soon :ph34r:

Hey Jez, where can I read the full mechanical specs on your Petal? I started looking through the back pages a couple of days ago but ran out of time.

Bill.